Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is The Wayland Display Server & Its Protocol?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Djhg2000
    replied
    Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
    Is the Window management/window decorations client side? If its client side, then that means Wayland users will see the same things windows users see when an app window hangs, or pops up a dialog, that being that they can't move the window.
    Not sure if I got the concept of Wayland right, but wouldn't a window manager take care of that? Such as Compiz?

The way I got it, Wayland + Compiz would make a complete desktop environment, or have I missed something?

Leave a comment:

• nerdopolis
    replied
    Two things:

How do the client apps talk to the server? is it in a way that could be over a network to a remote Wayland server if wanted? For things like ssh -X, and FreeNX...

Is the Window management/window decorations client side? If its client side, then that means Wayland users will see the same things windows users see when an app window hangs, or pops up a dialog, that being that they can't move the window.

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Originally posted by dfx. View Post
    you know what this description reminds me of ? "explorer".
    now i'm also afraid of Wayland anywhere outside of embedded and mobile/portable.
    As long as Wayland remain an application, you can still simply Ctrl+Alt+F4 and kill Wayland ... right?

I'm assuming Wayland is also a State Tracker?

What I want to know is what Red Hats official stance is on the project?

Leave a comment:

• dfx.
    replied
    you know what this description reminds me of ? "explorer".
    now i'm also afraid of Wayland anywhere outside of embedded and mobile/portable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X