• Show
Clear All

• AlanTuring69
    replied
    But can it run Crysis?

Leave a comment:

• mrg666
    replied
    Inevitable is happening, BSDs are just falling in line with progress in Linux as they simply don't have the same number of developers working on Linux. Not all progress is good obviously. But the flaws will be corrected with further progress, not by retrogress.

The ones who repeatedly say "right tools for the job" thing to hinder progress and excuse their slow adaptation skills, no worries, you are free to stay .... and rot.

Leave a comment:

• Luke_Wolf
    replied
    Originally posted by brad0 View Post

This was so clueless and uninformed it is ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• SViN
    replied
    Originally posted by kylew77 View Post

We have sndio which if your sound card is supported works wonderfully. Even does headphone and speaker switching when you plug in the headphones. It all together just works!
    Oh I am not asking that due to the need for audio. I am asking due to the need to do things like screen capture with portals and whatnot.

Pipewire is more of a general media engine that can also do video.

Leave a comment:

• F.Ultra
    replied

and yet it is 100% accurate. Are you really contending that Wayland is a protocol, really?

Leave a comment:

• brad0
    replied
    Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
    That was mostly pushed by same uninformed people who spend all their time shitting on systemd and wasn't strictly speaking true back then either. Wayland is just a protocol you could implement it on Windows if you so chose.

Leave a comment:

• kylew77
    replied
    Originally posted by SViN View Post
    What are OpenBSD users going to do for pipewire
    We have sndio which if your sound card is supported works wonderfully. Even does headphone and speaker switching when you plug in the headphones. It all together just works!

Leave a comment:

• brad0
    replied
    Originally posted by User29 View Post
    Why are you so hard with BSDs?
    I'm not. I'm a developer. I'm hard on people making ignorant posts and more often than not don't have a clue what they're talking about.
    Last edited by brad0; 31 May 2024, 05:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• User29
    replied

Still technically true. Just layers of hacks and garbage for the bad decisions made.
    Why are you so hard with BSDs?

Leave a comment:

• brad0
    replied
    Originally posted by furtadopires View Post
    I never used any BSD distro, but I'm very happy to see they have the alternative to use wayland nowadays. I remember back then the talk of how BSDs wouldn't be able to use it, which was one of the real problems with Wayland, but fortunately this isn't the case anymore.
    Still technically true. Just layers of hacks and garbage for the bad decisions made.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X