X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linux4kix
    replied
    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

So maybe there is some difference in how vaapi is being implemented on different AMD architectures which explains why it doesn't work on mine with VaapiVideoDecodeLinuxGL while it works on your.
    Was curious about VaapiVideoDecodeLinuxGL. That patch was also recently merged (around December). I would think your 122 build should have it as my 120 stable does. https://chromium.googlesource.com/ch...d75357d79a32da

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Originally posted by linux4kix View Post

I don't have VCN. This is a polaris based card. VCN is only for newer integrated APUs and Navi and newer hardware.
    So maybe there is some difference in how vaapi is being implemented on different AMD architectures which explains why it doesn't work on mine with VaapiVideoDecodeLinuxGL while it works on your.

Leave a comment:

• linux4kix
    replied

Ok so I should be fine on version 122. Can you please check if you have VCN: Enabled while watching a video? VaapiVideoDecodeLinuxGL doesn't work for me.
    I don't have VCN. This is a polaris based card. VCN is only for newer integrated APUs and Navi and newer hardware.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied

That patch and if you read the bug report, there were two other patches earlier in the discussion that had to be merged before that one landed. If you are using newer versions of chromium they may already be merged.
    Ok so I should be fine on version 122. Can you please check if you have VCN: Enabled while watching a video? VaapiVideoDecodeLinuxGL doesn't work for me.

Leave a comment:

• linux4kix
    replied

This seems very strange to me, how do you check that hw decoding is being used?
    image.png
    Could you please check if you have "VCN: Enabled" in "sudo watch cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/amdgpu_pm_info" while watching a video in Youtube?

GPU Temperature: 46 C
    GPU Load: 2 %
    MEM Load: 3 %

UVD: Enabled

This is a Polaris GPU so it is UVD not VCN

What patches are you talking about? Did you backport https://chromium.googlesource.com/ch...7f37747fe5ced3 or are we talking about something else?
    That patch and if you read the bug report, there were two other patches earlier in the discussion that had to be merged before that one landed. If you are using newer versions of chromium they may already be merged.

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied
    Could you please check if you have "VCN: Enabled" in "sudo watch cat /sys/kernel/debug/dri/0/amdgpu_pm_info" while watching a video in Youtube?
    it would be better to use something like amdgpu_top since you can even see usage with that

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied

Nope I am using an AMD RX560 with amdgpu​

I am happy to provide my consolidated patches for chromium 120.0.6099.224 if anyone wants to try.
    What patches are you talking about? Did you backport https://chromium.googlesource.com/ch...7f37747fe5ced3 or are we talking about something else?

Leave a comment:

• Quackdoc
    replied

This MR does not require use-angle. I have backported it to Chromium 120 stable along with the other 2 missing required patchsets and it is fully functional. You may also require this patch for mesa depending on your GPU, https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/...requests/26165

Additionally there are 2 other requirements. I am using these commandline flags "--enable-features=VaapiVideoDecodeLinuxGL,VaapiVideoEncoder --use-gl=angle --use-angle=gl --ignore-gpu-blocklist --disable-gpu-driver-bug-workaround" and you MUST make sure #use-out-of-process-video-decoding​ is set to off. If you have enabled this flag then VAAPI rendering will not work. Took some time to debug but I found there is a race in OOP-VD that causes the vaapi context to not be fully initialized. This results in Chromium reporting Hardware Decoding / Encoding but it failing silently when actually playing media.

Hope that helps.
    glad to hear, Im patient enough myself but im sure some people might be happy to hear this

Leave a comment:

• linux4kix
    replied
    I am happy to provide my consolidated patches for chromium 120.0.6099.224 if anyone wants to try.

Leave a comment:

• linux4kix
    replied

The Chromium MR doesn't, but the mesa MR does. AFAIK the GL output path doesn't handle disjoint planes at all.

I bet you're using an Intel GPU, am I right?

I've applied that patchset and it works on XWayland, but not with ozone wayland because of the lack of vulkan angle (which is required to get it working).
    Nope I am using an AMD RX560 with amdgpu

image.png

image.png

Leave a comment:

Working...
X