X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TemplarGR
    replied
    Originally posted by cassiofb-dev View Post

Maybe not, I went to build a client PC with RTX 4060 TI as he is a dev I tried to install some distros but only Alpine with Gnome gave video but it was software rendering. I think the year of Linux will be after NVIDIA gpus works well with Linux and even more on Wayland (most of the market share is NVIDIA sadly). For myself I play on Linux for more than a year now even windows exclusive titles.

Well, there are some things that can make year of Linux before NVIDIA:
    1. AMD Hypr-RX would be amazing in Linux open source driver (AMD is already nice on Linux but I think they need more to get market share)
    2. Intel making even better Linux drivers (they are kinda bad now but are improving a lot recently)
    3. More companies focusing on Linux gaming like Valve
    By the way, sadly I had to install Windows 11 Home Single Language for him 😭
    Gaming is like 1% of the total PCs in existence.... The day of the Linux desktop is not about Linux gaming, although it can certainly help. And no, we don't need Nshitia, we don't buy Nshitia, Nshitia is trash and harms consumers all the time with bad anti-competitive practices.

Leave a comment:

• YBoy360
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Typical sour grapes.

Something I don't like is extremely popular with users all over the world. It must be not because it's good.
    It is certainly not good for what I do, or, if you prefer, it does not match Intellij, which is also very popular.
    If it was good, I would have used it.. End of the story.

Leave a comment:

• nadirx
    replied

VSCode is not an IDE no matter how you want to spin it to match your narrative.
    My narrative: It has code completion, it has code refactoring, it has a debugger, it integrates with build tools, version control and containers. What characteristics is it missing in order to fit your idea of an IDE ?

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    Originally posted by nadirx View Post

VSCode is an IDE. Intellij is an IDE. Intellij is a much better IDE than VSCode.
    No need to drag in any other pointless comparison.
    VSCode is not an IDE no matter how you want to spin it to match your narrative.

Leave a comment:

• nadirx
    replied

By that same logic vim and emacs are pissass useless compared to Visual Studio as an IDE.

One is a fucking IDE while the other is a code editor.
    VSCode is an IDE. Intellij is an IDE. Intellij is a much better IDE than VSCode.
    No need to drag in any other pointless comparison.

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    Originally posted by YBoy360 View Post

I do not know any practical IDE using this pile of stuffs. When I mean practical, I mean doing efficiently something else than trivial JS /TS / HTML. VSCode is good when you are a student and you work on very small side projects. Not for real stuffs. Sorry, it is popular because it helps freely front-end devs, but not because it is good actually. I also think language protocol will be supported by Intellij, which is nice.
    Typical sour grapes.

Something I don't like is extremely popular with users all over the world. It must be not because it's good.

Leave a comment:

• Weasel
    replied
    Originally posted by discordian View Post
    Doesnt help if this still removes any smart redrawing based on the parts that are actually visible for every window that's not minimized. It will be slow whether you enable effects or not.

I sometimes forget there are kids using their dads PC, i will be clearer in the future. Sorry
    Literally never had that issue. Sounds like a you problem.

Even unidirection worked flawlessly.

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied

Implementation details aside, Intellij runs circles around VSCode as a Java IDE. To me it's about how productive I can be, and VSCode does not deliver. Sorry.
    By that same logic vim and emacs are pissass useless compared to Visual Studio as an IDE.

One is a fucking IDE while the other is a code editor.

Leave a comment:

• murraytony
    replied
    Excited for this effort to add Wayland support for all Swing and AWT Java applications.

It seems like the main motivation was HiDPI support.

Leave a comment:

• royce
    replied

Implementation details aside, Intellij runs circles around VSCode as a Java IDE. To me it's about how productive I can be, and VSCode does not deliver. Sorry.
    Any of the jetbrains IDEs runs circles around vscode on its respective languages and ecosystems. It's the difference between an IDE and a text editor, as powerful as it might be. It doesn't even compare.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X