The First Bits Of Wine's Wayland Driver Were Merged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post
    user1 I guess you are using staging branch not stable or development.
    Actually, this is Wine stable 8.0 from Flathub. It's also interesting that For other Flatpaks I have to set an override in order for them to use my preferred GTK theme, but Wine packaged as Flatpak automatically uses the window decorations of my theme for its windows without any override.

Previously I've also used Wine stable via different packaging methods (via package manager on Ubuntu a long time ago) and recently WIne stable packaged as an Appimage and they always used my preferred GTK theme for window decorations.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
      Actually, this is Wine stable 8.0 from Flathub. It's also interesting that For other Flatpaks I have to set an override in order for them to use my preferred GTK theme, but Wine packaged as Flatpak automatically uses the window decorations of my theme for its windows without any override.

Previously I've also used Wine stable via different packaging methods (via package manager on Ubuntu a long time ago) and recently WIne stable packaged as an Appimage and they always used my preferred GTK theme for window decorations.
      Bottles under flatpak will auto fill in the wine regustiry with GTK theme extracted information. Its not wine stable or development branch feature to pick up GTK theme automatically. If you are having it happen with a clean wine stable/development wineprefix something you are using is doing it.

I do have Wine stable 8.0 from flatpak and it does not auto pull in GTK themes. Yes it gives me windows classic theme if I directly use it.

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post
        I do have Wine stable 8.0 from flatpak and it does not auto pull in GTK themes. Yes it gives me windows classic theme if I directly use it.
        You mean Windows classic theme for window decorations?

Hmm, maybe that depends on where your GTK theme is located? Mine sits in /home/user/.local/share/themes.

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post
          You mean Windows classic theme for window decorations?

Hmm, maybe that depends on where your GTK theme is located? Mine sits in /home/user/.local/share/themes.

HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Th emeManager","DllName",2,"%10%\resources\themes\lig ht\light.msstyles"

Defualt wine theme is light. Note the format msstyles. Stable and Development wine not patched don't have means to read GTK theme files.

"Allow the window manager to decorate the windows​" That option in wine cfg is allow SSD of windows under X11 yes that is on by default. If you turn that off you will notice wine own title bar does not match windows. Yes the 0,1,2 and greyout square box buttons(X button). Wine has it own unique beast version of a title bar that avoid MS claiming it is theirs.

Only the titlebar and the edge boarder of window will match the host by wine default with stable and development under X11 other than that everything else should be the light,msstyles. The picture you gave something else was at play because the internal of the window was themed as well.

Fun little fact wine has to create that wine version windows title bar even if "Allow the window manager to decorate the windows​" so that if windows application attempts to render something there all hell does not break loss. Windows is CSD. Particular applications users have to turn off "Allow the window manager to decorate the windows​" with wine because the application added buttons and the like to tittle bar.

I would expect wine wayland in time to support KDE server side decorations under Wayland like the support X11 windows manager server side decorations. Gnome that will require using something like libdecor. Mind you a libdecor option under X11 could possible reduces the number of cases uses have to use "Allow the window manager to decorate the windows​" off because of what particular windows application does.

Windows decorations with wine SSD has been round peg square hole. There has been on going problem for a long time that when application decides to use CSD that it not going to integrate in well.

Yes arguement for and against CSD vs SSD is more complex than what one thinks.

Ideal rendering for windows applications with wine so most work is CSD. Yes then users like you user1 don't particular like when the title bar and windows boarders don't match the system. Please libdecor get some love and care so that CSD and SSD using windows can look the same under Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick1946 View Post

You cannot draw easily outside of your borders but for example for things like shadows you need to do that. But the window should still snap to the border of your window and not the border of your shadow. So you need support for that.
            a rectangle (window) with a shadow is just a bigger rectangle, no need to draw outside a window

Comment

Working...
            X