• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ungweliante
    replied
    Originally posted by caligula View Post

Yes, any day now

KDE Plasma 5.25 Beta Released With Many Improvements, Wayland Support Maturing
    KDE Plasma 5.24 Released With Wayland Support In Increasingly Great Shape
    Plasma 5.23 Picking Up Latest Breeze Evolution Style, SDDM Lands Native Wayland Support
    KDE Plasma 5.22 Released With Much Better Wayland Support, Usability Enhancements
    KDE Plasma 5.21 Released With Better Wayland Support, Desktop Improvements
    KDE Plasma 5.20 Released With Better Wayland Support, Many New Features
    KDE Plasma 5.19 Released After Lots Of Polishing, Better Wayland Support
    KDE PLasma 5.18 LTS brings , ..., ..., various X11 and Wayland fixes for KWin
    KDE Plasma 5.17 Released With Wayland Improvements, Better HiDPI
    KDE's EGLStreams back-end for the KWin Wayland compositor has been merged! The KDE Plasma 5.16 release
    KDE Plasma 5.15 Released With Wayland Improvements, Fixes To "Annoying Problems"
    Plasma 5.14.0 features ..., continued Wayland improvements, and plenty of bug fixes.
    KDE Plasma 5.13 Is Making Great Improvements On Its Wayland Support
    KDE Plasma 5.12 LTS Released With Much Better Wayland Support, Other Improvements
    KDE Plasma 5.11 Rolls Into Beta With New System Settings, Better Wayland Support
    Plasma 5.10 features ..., Wayland support improvements
    KDE Plasma 5.9 Hits The Web With Global Menus, Better Wayland Support
    It is fair to say also that the situation has heavily improved across all those releases.

5.25 may be the release where I make the jump in my AMD system.

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    Originally posted by vegabook View Post
    Hopefully the better Wayland support will find its way onto the Deck at some stage soon. Because it's a great little super-cost-effective lightweight dev machine when hooked up to a monitor.
    Yes, any day now

KDE Plasma 5.25 Beta Released With Many Improvements, Wayland Support Maturing
    KDE Plasma 5.24 Released With Wayland Support In Increasingly Great Shape
    Plasma 5.23 Picking Up Latest Breeze Evolution Style, SDDM Lands Native Wayland Support
    KDE Plasma 5.22 Released With Much Better Wayland Support, Usability Enhancements
    KDE Plasma 5.21 Released With Better Wayland Support, Desktop Improvements
    KDE Plasma 5.20 Released With Better Wayland Support, Many New Features
    KDE Plasma 5.19 Released After Lots Of Polishing, Better Wayland Support
    KDE PLasma 5.18 LTS brings , ..., ..., various X11 and Wayland fixes for KWin
    KDE Plasma 5.17 Released With Wayland Improvements, Better HiDPI
    KDE's EGLStreams back-end for the KWin Wayland compositor has been merged! The KDE Plasma 5.16 release
    KDE Plasma 5.15 Released With Wayland Improvements, Fixes To "Annoying Problems"
    Plasma 5.14.0 features ..., continued Wayland improvements, and plenty of bug fixes.
    KDE Plasma 5.13 Is Making Great Improvements On Its Wayland Support
    KDE Plasma 5.12 LTS Released With Much Better Wayland Support, Other Improvements
    KDE Plasma 5.11 Rolls Into Beta With New System Settings, Better Wayland Support
    Plasma 5.10 features ..., Wayland support improvements
    KDE Plasma 5.9 Hits The Web With Global Menus, Better Wayland Support
    Last edited by caligula; 19 May 2022, 10:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by vegabook View Post
    Kinda sucks that the Steam Deck (which uses plasma) reverts to X in desktop mode, with all the resulting multi-monitor problems that creates (forgets orientations / placement etc if not powered down properly or if any monitor switched off). Hopefully the better Wayland support will find its way onto the Deck at some stage soon. Because it's a great little super-cost-effective lightweight dev machine when hooked up to a monitor.
    I think it makes more sense to use X11 for the Deck. Xwayland adds overhead on a system with limited specs, and X11 can keep up just fine at 1080p or lower. Add to the fact that Wayland just isn't quite stable enough for a product like this.

I've been using Wayland+KDE for a while now and though I have an overall good experience, there is still a lot to be done before I would recommend Wayland to someone who isn't a Linux veteran (I would recommend KDE to most people though).

Leave a comment:

• vegabook
    replied
    Kinda sucks that the Steam Deck (which uses plasma) reverts to X in desktop mode, with all the resulting multi-monitor problems that creates (forgets orientations / placement etc if not powered down properly or if any monitor switched off). Hopefully the better Wayland support will find its way onto the Deck at some stage soon. Because it's a great little super-cost-effective lightweight dev machine when hooked up to a monitor.

Leave a comment:

• KDE Plasma 5.25 Beta Released With Many Improvements, Wayland Support Maturing

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 5.25 Beta Released With Many Improvements, Wayland Support Maturing

The KDE development community today announced the release of the Plasma 5.25 beta...

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...asma-5.25-Beta
Working...
X