Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wayland's Weston 10.0 Compositor Released With DMA-BUF Feedback, Libseat Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland's Weston 10.0 Compositor Released With DMA-BUF Feedback, Libseat Support

Phoronix: Wayland's Weston 10.0 Compositor Released With DMA-BUF Feedback, Libseat Support

Weston 10.0 has been released as the newest feature update to Wayland's reference compositor that often works as a proving grounds and compositor showcasing shiny new features for Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Seatd/libseat doesn't work with systemd's logind out-of-the-box and requires LIBSEAT_BACKEND=logind variable to be set.

Comment

It would be nice if a window can be set as desktop or dock under Weston.
      Last edited by nist; 02 February 2022, 08:36 AM.

Comment

My experience with Weston is that it pretty shitty and much works buggy or not at all. GNOME Shell is the best!

Comment

I really hope that color management gets finished soon...
          ## VGA ##
          AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
          Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            My experience with Weston is that it pretty shitty and much works buggy or not at all. GNOME Shell is the best!
            thanks for the contribution

Comment

Working...
            X