Clear All

Vistaus Don’t

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
      Vistaus Don’t
      So you own Phoronix.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
        Unity was a technical dead end, with weird concepts and never run well on any hardware. Its the software version of old people looking back to the 60s with nostalgia and saying "when I was young, everything was better".
        I remember when Unity came out, it specifically said it was "made for netbooks". I installed it on my Asus Eee PC and it was completely unusable, it felt like trying to use a UI made in Flash.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post

Unity was a technical dead end, with weird concepts and never run well on any hardware. Its the software version of old people looking back to the 60s with nostalgia and saying "when I was young, everything was better".
          Technical dead end. I agree. But usability-wise was pretty good. I think Unity design concept was on-par with macOS. The user doesn't care that Unity was a mess, it just works and people miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by evasb View Post

Technical dead end. I agree. But usability-wise was pretty good. I think Unity design concept was on-par with macOS. The user doesn't care that Unity was a mess, it just works and people miss it.
            I'm happily using Unity on Ubuntu 21.04. It's a "dead end" in the sense that there's no path to Wayland, and new features aren't being added. But the current feature set is being maintained. I'm sure that someday I'll feel compelled to switch to a DE that supports Wayland. Hopefully Lomiri will be usable on the desktop by then.

Comment

Working...
            X