No announcement yet.

Sway 1.6-rc1 Released With Better Touchscreen/Tablet Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad to see that the tray support for d-bus menu icons is still not merged.
    Quite annoying that I can't interact with some of my tray icons without this fix.

See #5161 (comment) Help test please. Or just use to your heart's content because basic menu operations work (i.e. just opening and clicking), so probably like 98% of what normal users do. Not sure...

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
      i3 / Sway is also fairly competent as a floating WM. It has a title bar you can move the window with and borders that you can drag to resize the window with.

What more do people want?
      But not for long. Soon Phoronix commenters will take over and remove everything floating

Comment

Originally posted by ed31337 View Post
        Does anybody know of a way to configure Sway so that it defaults to opening new windows in "floating" mode instead of tiling? I can't stand tiling.
        Hikari looks like a better alternative for a minimal stacking compositor.

Comment

Tabbed mode is not a thing that's separate from tiling. Tabs are simply sub-workspaces, nothing more. Within each tab, tiling also occurs, even if you only have one app displaying there.

Comment

Originally posted by ehansin View Post
            I'd love to see a simple hybrid shell/window manager that could do tiling and floating.
            For KDE there's really nice https://github.com/kwin-scripts/kwin-tiling

Originally posted by ehansin View Post
            (...) I always install Rectangle (pretty much successor of Spectacle) on macOS to achieve.
            I've heard Magnet is good - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/magnet/id441258766

Comment

Working...
            X