Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NateHubbard
    replied
    Looks like there are a lot of openbox features that are listed as out-of-scope for this project. Oh well, it's still pretty neat.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Very cool. Reminds me of my minimalist Fluxbox years.

Leave a comment:

• c117152
    replied
    Originally posted by lucrus View Post
    Besides the name (does it stand for the LABoratory Water Closet?), I see from the video you can even open a terminal window and resize it! Absolutely amazing!

Jokes apart, what does this have to offer more than Sway?
    Sway is a tiling windows manager. This is a stacking window manager.

For personal use I prefer i3/sway as well but since it's highly personalized you can't use it to put together boxes for other people to admin so openbox style light stacking window manager are necessary.

p.s. a good middle ground would be paperwm/cardboard style tiling with openbox style context menus. should be pretty intuitive for smartphone users.
    Last edited by c117152; 06 March 2021, 10:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lucrus
    replied
    Besides the name (does it stand for the LABoratory Water Closet?), I see from the video you can even open a terminal window and resize it! Absolutely amazing!

Jokes apart, what does this have to offer more than Sway?

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic LABWC Is The Newest Stacking Wayland Compositor

LABWC Is The Newest Stacking Wayland Compositor

Phoronix: LABWC Is The Newest Stacking Wayland Compositor

The LABWC Wayland compositor advertises itself as an Openbox alternative and just saw its inaugural release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X