Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marios View Post

Arbitrary numbers...
    Show me a Linux RTRT benchmark that proves your point. Of course only neutral benchmarks are accepted, not blobs build by nvidia or amd.
    Also tell me linux game that uses DLSS.
    Finally have you ever ran an nvidia on linux vs nvidia on windows comparison? I have and found out that nvidia on linux is crap. You are getting worse performance on a better OS.

PS: I don't give an f about performance (or features) on windows. Windows is only useful for me as a baseline (linux performance should be better, if it is worse something is amiss).
    Linux has no games, so please just fuck off. Proton/Wine/dosbox? Don't Linux zealots hate everything related to Windows? So, again, please fuck off with your Linux ecosystem bubble.

Linux on the desktop exists only for idiot fan-atics who happily waste months of their lives tackling issues/bugs/regressions and compatibility, whilst poor Windows users just install the software they need and run it seamlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
      That you assume I use the binary drivers on Linux shows just how much of an uninformed asre you are. I use Nouveau on Linux. [B]The fucking kernel's own Nouveau drivers that asshole Linus himself approved.
      That arguement says you are using vendor not approved drivers and Nouveau developers tell you its not complete enough to use X11 glamour to use X11 modesetting because the opengl mode is not complete and you will need to reset it regularly. There is no such thing as 100 percent working Nvidia driver for Linux the closed source driver is the best but it still defective as hell.

Fact check: I have been using Windows 10 since the day it was officially released. Nothing of that nonsense you talked about ever happened to me on Windows Update. Unlike most gamer fagots, I get all of my drivers exclusively from Windows Update. Zero freezes. Zero broken updates. Zero fuss. Since. Day. 1.
      Pull you head out your ass here.

Read this link. Conexant ISST audio drivers mentioned here were in fact provided by Windows update. So getting you drivers exclusively by windows update does not mean a security update of kernel has not be stalled behind your back. Yes Zero fuss on one had on the other you have ignorance is bliss by not knowing what you true system security state is because Microsoft is making the choices on what they think what you want on security.

Bullshit. My experiences with Windows 10 says it all. The latest build of Win10 is capable of pulling down a fucking binary WiFi driver from 2003 to use perfectly and with better performance than the Linux kernel drivers. That fucking binary driver would never ever have survive a single minor upgrade in Linux from 2.6.27 to 2.6.28, let alone anything in the 5.x series.
      Here a horrible one there is not a single wifi driver from 2003 on Windows that does not have known exploitable flaws. So this is another case that you are security stripping yourself and not being informed. Fun point attempt to put in a wifi card that take modern Windows drivers and card that takes 2003 drivers you will find that only 1 works under windows due to the kernel version differences caused by having that old driver installed. Sorry you have more than minorally striped yourself here.

Windows does a lot of things so old drivers work lots are not security healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Linux has no games, so please just fuck off. Proton/Wine/dosbox? Don't Linux zealots hate everything related to Windows? So, again, please fuck off with your Linux ecosystem bubble.

Linux on the desktop exists only for idiot fan-atics who happily waste months of their lives tackling issues/bugs/regressions and compatibility, whilst poor Windows users just install the software they need and run it seamlessly.
        You could just install windows and fuck off!
        We install linux for whatever reason we want!
        And if a piece of hardware is not supported on linux, or its performance sucks on linux, you should expect it to be rightfully hated by linux users.
        Also whoever says that the linux driver of such piece of hardware is good, rightfully enrages linux users.
        Finally, whoever says such arguments on a linux forum and ends up acting like a windows fanboy deserves the first sentence of this post...

Comment

Originally posted by oiaohm View Post

BSD graphical stack comes from Linux so there is a joint down stream effect here. Linux kernel developers not testing the Linux graphic stack with Nvidia stuff the result is the BSD stuff will also come less dependable because they are the downstream.
          I don't know about other BSDs (remember they are completely separate operating systems), but there are a few FreeBSD developers who use NVidia cards, so I don't expect it to deteriorate. While FreeBSD is downstream for the Open Source GPU drivers - Intel and Radeon - it's not downstream when it comes to NVidia drivers; those are mostly separate from the Open Source graphics stack.

Comment

I like the GPL (for applications) but GPL on a library sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

I wouldn't be so extreme, because games are coming, Proton is a pretty good thing, and usually you waste days, not months.
              That said I too pity those poor Windows or Apple lusers who just download stuff and use it. Bunch of noobs.
              Real pros run their software with sweat and tears

Comment

Sonadow
                On Windows you can scroll a non focused window!

Comment

Originally posted by Khrundel View Post
                  One of intended goals of Wayland creation is that everyone can create a new compositor relatively easy. No wonder new compositor arrives some day.
                  Can you imagine, if 20 years ago linux were forked 10 times, and the developer distributed evenly among those forked project (beside the original linux)? Or 20 years ago, X11 too, forked, says, 7 times. Just.. imagine it..

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
                    Sometimes I really wonder what the hell is going on here.
                    Every single desktop had its own compositor for more then 20 years. Every single one. Why the hell is that an issue now.
                    Maybe cause people tired of waiting for Wayland implementation to mature? After these years, I'm thinking that with Wayland project, it was actually an opportunity to concentrate our manpower to tackle the X successor like I explain above. One very good wayland implementation + compositor + everything else that modular and platform agnostic so can be used by all WM.

How about others that want to try to create they own wayland impl? Go ahead.. But if you're on level like KDE, GNOME, please stick to the official one.

Comment

Originally posted by JackLilhammers View Post
                      Sonadow
                      On Windows you can scroll a non focused window!
                      Can or Can't? I remember can't do that on Windows 7. And earlier windows 10. Windows can scroll non focused windows, IIRC, since 2 or 3 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X