Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polarathene
    replied
    Soooo Sway is going to play nicely with nvidia GPUs via Vulkan support?

Leave a comment:

• mppix
    replied
    o la la... maybe we'll get a unified Wayland desktop framework with Nvidia blessing after all.

Leave a comment:

• NateHubbard
    replied
    I'd just like to congratulate Nvidia for their contribution.

Sounds weird saying that.

Leave a comment:

• shmerl
    replied
    So now they won't need GBM and EGLstreams anymore?

Leave a comment:

• rmfx
    replied
    LoL Nvidia got the extension approval work done because it was gonna be a Mesa extension if not.
    Sounds like a parent way to get the kids to do their homework.

Leave a comment:

• 2Eagle2
    replied
    That sounds like it will finally allow easier Wayland addoption in linux desktop.
    Big thanks also for making this extension as part of Vulkan official extension - Good job

Leave a comment:

• royce
    replied
    Some initial steps in wlroots too: https://github.com/swaywm/wlroots/pull/2648

Leave a comment:

• sarmad
    replied
    "thus the Vulkan-powered Wayland compositors should ultimately work nice on NVIDIA hardware too"

Does this mean they can simply do a Vulkan-powered Wayland compositor and avoid all the EGLStream vs. GBM debate altogether?

Leave a comment:

• treba
    replied
    Love to see how emersion seems to work on small issues like this all over the place. Thanks a lot to everyone involved

Leave a comment:

• kvuj
    replied
    That's so cool. I wonder if there could be a decent performance improvement. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know, but I have observed games perform much better with Vulkan.

The mali GPU in my pinephone won't be able to use this, but my upcoming L5 might 🙏

Leave a comment:

Working...
X