Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2020 State Of Wayland Support For Chrome/Chromium - Aiming For H2'2021 Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frank007
    smartphones and tablets are not PCs.
    As a Surface Pro user and owner of a Samsung phone that comes with DeX, I find this stance really interesting. Tell me more, please.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      they might want to get Edge running on Wayland.
      But Igalia is already taking care of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladis View Post
        ChromeOS got rid of X11 years before Linux.
        ChromeOS is Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
          ChromeOS is Linux.
          Yes, underneath, the same like Android. By "Linux" here I meant the desktop GNU/Linux. (Fun fact: Since ChromeOS and Android are opensource, the desktop GNU/Linux can take their graphics system freely, if they wanted.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ladis View Post
            (Fun fact: Since ChromeOS and Android are opensource, the desktop GNU/Linux can take their graphics system freely, if they wanted.)
            Canonical attempted that for Mir and failed miserably.

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post
              Especially if Edge closes the spyware loophole
              i doubt ms released browser to close spyware loopholes in win10

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Before Microsoft's hated open source and their cash cows were Windows and Office, today Microsoft is a huge supporter of open source and their cash cows are Azure and Xbox.
                Windows is the very definition of a cash cow. The definition of cash cow is low growth high share (low growth meaning low investment: the cow arrives every morning, and you milk it, and that's it). Xbox doesn't qualify: it only has half the market share of the leading competitor. I would say Office is a cash cow too; Microsoft isn't doing much with it except playing catchup (e.g.Teams) but it rakes in the money.

Comment

Working...
                X