Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post
    This. I was so excited for Wayland, just to learn it's no better than X
    application creates resources in videomemory without x or wayland. when videocard is rebooted, all memory contents is lost. now your app has to recreate its resources. fix your app. or use an app which will restart where it was stopped like any browser does.
    . It's one of the reasons I went back to Windows and refuse to leave no matter how much I dislike it
    no, the real reason is you are imbecile
    I was actually going to say that I wished it was JavaScript instead of Lua. Both are horrible languages
    why don't you go back to your windows instead of posting bullshit?

Comment

Originally posted by remenic View Post
      On Xorg, I know I can kill mutter/kwin/i3wm or anything other than the X process and nothing bad will happen. I restart whatever crashed and continue with what I was doing. Will GNOME or Sway on Wayland give me that same level of robustness?
      they do, but keep in mind that "X process" is gnome shell, i.e. you can't kill it

Comment

I also just really hate the fact that Unix-likes kill children when a process die
        you are hating your delusion. every traditional unix daemon is child of dead process.
        Also I've never gotten a single BSOD that wasn't due to a hardware failure (where any OS would panic)
        since you have history of being consistently wrong, i bet you are also wrong on this claim
        Last edited by pal666; 19 September 2020, 12:02 PM.

Comment

What makes it functional?
          first-class functions
          It's a mess of global mutable variables
          it has both global and local variables. regarding mutable you are confusing functional and purely functional
          with no typing system
          you should learn languages before criticising them

Comment

This. I was so excited for Wayland, just to learn it's no better than X. It's one of the reasons I went back to Windows and refuse to leave no matter how much I dislike it (it was actually the last straw for me). Slapping every one of a user's running applications out of their hands just because the graphics driver crashes (which it will, on any OS, using any graphics driver) is wanton user abuse and outright neglect and an utter display of incompetency. I'm so angry and frustrated that nobody in the Linux ecosystem is intelligent enough to just make things work half as decently as they do in Windows. Things should not be this way.
            Why don't you give Arcan a try then?
            Phoronix: Arcan Display Server Is Nearing Feature Parity With The X.Org Server The Arcan display server, which started off years ago sounding like a novelty with being a display server built off a game engine in part and other interesting features, is nearing feature parity with the X.Org Server... http://www.phoronix.com/scan

Comment

The lack of types, the "local" keyword, the half-assed OOP system all really aggravate me. Definitely far from the worst language I ever used, but it really makes me wish I was using so many others..
              Maybe you should stop using computers altogether 'cause half of your posts in this topic are all about "frustration", "aggravation", etc. on various topics. That's not a healthy way to live.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                application creates resources in videomemory without x or wayland. when videocard is rebooted, all memory contents is lost. now your app has to recreate its resources. fix your app. or use an app which will restart where it was stopped like any browser does.
                no, the real reason is you are imbecile
                why don't you go back to your windows instead of posting bullshit?
                I'm not sure why you're showing so much hostility to me. I've used Linux exclusively for six years, multiple distros on multiple hardware setups. Your react is very unseemly.

you are hating your delusion. every traditional unix daemon is child of dead process.
                since you have history of being consistently wrong, i bet you are also wrong on this claim
                What history? I do not understand your hostility.

first-class functionsit has both global and local variables. regarding mutable you are confusing functional and purely functional
                you should learn languages before criticising them
                I have a high standard of functional languages. When I say "no typing" I mean that it has an incredibly weak typing system, the weakest I've ever seen outside of Forth, even. It makes managing large applications very tedious.

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Why don't you give Arcan a try then?
                https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...g-server/page2
                Thank you for the recommendation. The project seems very immature, do you have any personal experience with it? How is it?

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Maybe you should stop using computers altogether 'cause half of your posts in this topic are all about "frustration", "aggravation", etc. on various topics. That's not a healthy way to live.
                You're quite right, computers are indeed frustrating. However, I'm merely talking about technologies that specifically frustrate me. There are many technologies that frustrate me less than others.

Comment

Thank you for the recommendation. The project seems very immature, do you have any personal experience with it? How is it?
                  It's built on top of an existing engine, so the codebase is largely mature. It's very stable and responsive.

Comment

Working...
                  X