Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• royce
    replied
    It's a pretty good talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2mnbyRgXkY&t=25695s

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    Originally posted by bofh80

I'm not 100% sure that i'm following correctly. But if I am, you can do this quite easily with awesomewm on xorg:
    HTML Code:
     -- Set Firefox to always map on the first tag on screen 1.
    { rule = { class = "Firefox" },
    properties = { screen = 1, tag = awful.util.tagnames[1] } },

{ rule = { class = "Gimp", role = "gimp-image-window" },
    properties = { maximized = true } },
    Not sure how that fits in with the whole 'multiseat' though. More details would be needed
    That's cool, thanks. Does it work with actual fullscreen applications though? I heavily suspected that Xfce could be doing more for me here, it's not the most configurable in this aspect.

I didn't do anything special for multiseat, I just found that running games through Weston fooled them into thinking they still had focus even when I'd clicked on another window in Xorg. Since the games are being played with an Xbox controller, this isn't a problem. I can even move my mouse to the Weston screen and start typing, if necessary. It probably wasn't designed for this use case but this is exactly the behaviour I wanted!

Leave a comment:

• kon14
    replied
    Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
    The problem is not about Gamescope itself, it's about the flatpak.
    For some reason I don't know, the upstream source code indicates there is libinput in 20.08 runtime, but I cannot find libinput.so locally. So I cannot build Gamescope inside the container.
    I didn't realize you were literally talking about building the compositor inside a Flatpak.
    I just grabbed Freedesktop's 20.08 SDK and can't seem to find it either, but it's been a while ever since I last toyed with Flatpak builds.
    Have you tried asking people over #flatpak? They're usually pretty eager to help.

Leave a comment:

• oiaohm
    replied
    Originally posted by MastaG View Post
    Yeah.. it's a shame indeed.. I doubt the GLX Delay hack for getting XWayland to run with the Nvidia blob's GLX driver will ever get accepted.. it didn't even get a response lol..

Wish nVidia would help a bit in the regard of Wayland support.
    Even their vdpau implementation relies on X11... What a mess...
    I would not say GLX Delay is 100 percent off the cards being merged. If redhat developer can get it to work GLX Delay could be used with non wayland X11 as well so allowing deprecated API that no one other than Nvidia uses in X.org x11 implementation to be killed off for good. I would say if GLX Delay get merged no longer supporting the NVIDIA closed source GLX will highly be on the cards.

Leave a comment:

• zxy_thf
    replied
    Originally posted by kon14 View Post

This isn't part of the Steam package, so I'm not exactly sure about what it is you're asking here.
    It's essentially a Wayland compositor you can install and use in place of your current Wayland compositor (or X11 wm) for your graphics session.
    Flatpak Steam works fine under every single compositor I've tested (including Sway, which is also utilizing wlroots), so in theory it should be just as functional under Gamescope, unless there's some really weird bug specific to its implementation.
    The problem is not about Gamescope itself, it's about the flatpak.
    For some reason I don't know, the upstream source code indicates there is libinput in 20.08 runtime, but I cannot find libinput.so locally. So I cannot build Gamescope inside the container.

Leave a comment:

• MastaG
    replied
    Yeah.. it's a shame indeed.. I doubt the GLX Delay hack for getting XWayland to run with the Nvidia blob's GLX driver will ever get accepted.. it didn't even get a response lol..

Wish nVidia would help a bit in the regard of Wayland support.
    Even their vdpau implementation relies on X11... What a mess...

Leave a comment:

• scirocco
    replied
    Pretty mutch irrelevent until nvidia gets compatible with wayland. Unless people game on intel gpu based laptops maybe?

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    Which desktop environment could take benefits from Gamescope?
    probably steamos

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by MastaG View Post
    So unless Nvidia starts supporting gbm/kms for Wayland I see Gamescope only working on AMD and Intel mesa drivers.
    since novideo has no drivers, everything can only work on amd or intel

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by HenryM View Post
    nice that it has commands for upscaling/transform, just today I was again looking for such a thing for a few old games that insist on changing monitor modes rather than use GPU scaling.
    if those are windows games, run them under proton, it will scale them to your desktop resolution

Leave a comment:

Working...
X