X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• royce
    replied
    Originally posted by curfew View Post
    For what I know, they are even less interchangeable than classic window managers on Xorg...
    You clearly don't know.

Leave a comment:

• JonathanM
    replied
    curfew Did you read https://wayfire.org/2019/01/13/Intro...o-Wayfire.html? It does explain the authors reasons for writing yet another compositor.

Leave a comment:

• curfew
    replied
    I fail to understand the possible real use case for these "compositors". For what I know, they are even less interchangeable than classic window managers on Xorg... So nobody can really use them because they're tied to Gnome or KDE or XFCE and their mandated way for doing things.

I feel that effects should... effectively... be implemented as a protocol that proxies the textures to third party components. This way one could choose what kind of transformations to have regardless of the actual desktop.

Leave a comment:

• Aryma
    replied
    this is something stupid about Linux and hate it why there too many Compositor and Display manager?
    is it just to feel quirky ?
    Last edited by Aryma; 05 August 2020, 01:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tim4
    replied
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    Which linux operating system does implement it?
    Fedora. But 0.5 version will be only available in Fedora 33.

For current Fedora 32 you can find it in COPR: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/atim/wayfire/
    Last edited by Tim4; 04 August 2020, 07:44 PM. Reason: Add COPR link

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by xnor View Post
    Fragmentation and splitting and wasting of resources are far worse.
    This is due to lack of cooperation, because not everyone is happy with a single thing (e.g. GNOME vs. KDE or sysvinit vs. systemd).

Leave a comment:

• herman
    replied
    I get where you're coming from, but I respectfully beg to differ. Compared to Windows or MacOSX where you get no options, Linux choice is among the best things that it has to offer. I get to build my system exactly as I want it. That's liberating and a fundamental part of FOSS software. I wouldn't be here if Ubuntu was the only option.

Leave a comment:

• Sethox
    replied
    Yes because every project group has the same members and finance source for resources.
    Besides, splitting has it's benefits called failures, those failures gets recorded so the succeeding projects won't trip on a minefield.

Leave a comment:

• AsuMagic
    replied
    it's based on wlroots, so it's effectively quite compatible to swaywm, afaict

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5
    replied
    Which linux operating system does implement it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X