Wayfire 0.5 Wayland Compositor Brings Latency Optimizations, More Protocols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayfire 0.5 Wayland Compositor Brings Latency Optimizations, More Protocols

Phoronix: Wayfire 0.5 Wayland Compositor Brings Latency Optimizations, More Protocols

Wayfire, a Wayland compositor inspired by the likes of Compiz with different desktop effects, is out today with a new feature release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Choice is good.

Comment

Originally posted by herman View Post
      Choice is good.
      Fragmentation and splitting and wasting of resources are far worse.

Comment

Which linux operating system does implement it?

Comment

Originally posted by xnor View Post
          it's based on wlroots, so it's effectively quite compatible to swaywm, afaict

Comment

Yes because every project group has the same members and finance source for resources.
            Besides, splitting has it's benefits called failures, those failures gets recorded so the succeeding projects won't trip on a minefield.

Comment

I get where you're coming from, but I respectfully beg to differ. Compared to Windows or MacOSX where you get no options, Linux choice is among the best things that it has to offer. I get to build my system exactly as I want it. That's liberating and a fundamental part of FOSS software. I wouldn't be here if Ubuntu was the only option.

Comment

This is due to lack of cooperation, because not everyone is happy with a single thing (e.g. GNOME vs. KDE or sysvinit vs. systemd).

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                  Which linux operating system does implement it?
                  Fedora. But 0.5 version will be only available in Fedora 33.

For current Fedora 32 you can find it in COPR: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/atim/wayfire/
                  Last edited by Tim4; 04 August 2020, 07:44 PM. Reason: Add COPR link

Comment

this is something stupid about Linux and hate it why there too many Compositor and Display manager?
                    is it just to feel quirky ?
                    Last edited by Aryma; 05 August 2020, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X