No announcement yet.

Wayland's Weston Compositor Introduces Kiosk/Fullscreen Shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tildearrow The only thing that need to stop is you pretending that 95% of the work on libinput, xwayland, pipewire, at-spi etc is anything but GNOME. Latest example is the new screen casting service. Shell master now depends on pipewire master. Synced development.

It’s fine that KDE piggybacks on GNOME tech but then at least admit it and give credit.

Comment

tildearrow Here’s an example of the synced development. Enjoy.
      https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome..._requests/1372

​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
        The only thing that need to stop is you pretending that 95% of the work on libinput, xwayland, pipewire, at-spi etc is anything but GNOME. Latest example is the new screen casting service. Shell master now depends on pipewire master. Synced development.

It’s fine that KDE piggybacks on GNOME tech but then at least admit it and give credit.
        A bunch of excuses. A bunch of freaking excuses.

libinput as an example was authored by somebody working at Red Hat. Yes, I am aware that they were involved in GNOME development, but this does not mean that anything they make is suddenly a GNOME component. Stop.

Comment

tildearrow How rude of you. Those devs got names. Red Hat pays them to make a GNOME-based desktop.

Comment

tildearrow How rude of you. Those devs got names. Red Hat pays them to make a GNOME-based desktop.
            No, you are worse. Those devs got names, but it does not mean PipeWire and libinput are GNOME technologies.

They are used by GNOME but please, it does not mean it automatically is GNOME tech. It is Red Hat tech.

You just are eager to get GNOME to trample the other desktops and declare world domination.

I can't talk to you anymore. Come on.

Comment

tildearrow Red Hat sponsors this because it is needed on [email protected] Red Hat is not here to help Arch user play around with broken, alternative desktops.

Comment

tildearrow Red Hat sponsors this because it is needed on [email protected] Red Hat is not here to help Arch user play around with broken, alternative desktops.
                I was going to stop here, but I cannot take this disgrace of you.

Broken. Yeah, broken. BROKEN?!

BROKEN IS WHAT GNOME IS THIS WHOLE FREAKING TIME!!!
                ALL YOU WANT IS death to the other desktops, right?! The other usable desktops!

I am tired of you and your horrible propaganda. Seriously. Show me how usable GNOME is.

It is terrible and impossible to use without mass modification. Lots of things that don't make sense. Like a tombstone for "New Tab" or a disk drive (rather than a floppy drive) for Save. Or the dialog buttons in the top rather than the bottom.
                And before you say "extensions", sorry but they break on every new release. Do I have to modify the GNOME source code to achieve what you call "True Freedom"?

One more and I am done. Stop, you troll.

Comment

tildearrow I really can’t answer all your accusations and speculations. I’m just telling you when Red Hat sponsors all the developers it has a purpose. And that purpose is [email protected]

Comment

tildearrow I really can’t answer all your accusations and speculations. I’m just telling you when Red Hat sponsors all the developers it has a purpose. And that purpose is [email protected]
                    OK, let's end the discussion then. Their main focus is GNOME, but that does not mean that auxiliary software is GNOME-branded too.

End of deviation. Let's go back to talking about Weston.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

OK, let's end the discussion then. Their main focus is GNOME, but that does not mean that auxiliary software is GNOME-branded too.

End of deviation. Let's go back to talking about Weston.

It was the lead Weston developer who first did Wayland proxy compositor as a tech demo one year after the start of Weston. So method was demoed then no one who wants to script applications has bothered to flesh it out.

Comment

Working...
                      X