Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SWVKC Is A Vulkan-Powered Wayland Compositor Focused On Performance + Correctness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    What does that even mean? Performance is usually at odds with correctness and features is what most people agree Wayland is still lacking.
    I don't think that's true. The way to get both performance and correctness is to write and invoke less code.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      There are a ton more bugs with OpenGL in general. The driver "surface" is way bigger. Everyone should switch to Vulkan.
      Originally posted by shmerl View Post
      Tell it to those who get GPU hangs due to buggy OpenGL.

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post
      If your OpenGL driver is buggy then your Vulkan driver is probably buggy too. That's likely to be some problem with the hardware layer, especially if the entire GPU hangs. And as far as I know, OpenGL and Vulkan share most of the hardware layer code no matter whose driver you're using.
      Wow!
      Guessing if a piece of software is buggy frequently is far from a precise art !

The best practices from software engineering tell to invest time for planning and executing complete set of tests stressing all code, environments and setups.

But free software have been lacking that level of support since the beginning of his existence.

I'm happy to see that most of the companies have been changing their way of developing software because they are perceiving that free software is becoming much more important nowadays and this could be a win-win situation for companies and his customers/community.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

I don't think that's true. The way to get both performance and correctness is to write and invoke less code.
        I know. I was never able to crash a program made up of NOPs only

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
          Interesting but I'm not too certain that this is under development as the last serious commit was some time ago.
          The last commit was 20 days ago on the clipboard branch and the dev added something to the to do list. Sure, that's not super active, but at least putting something on the to do list means he hasn't forgotten about it or abandoned it.

Comment

Originally posted by gnulinux82

Cool handwaving bro. I bet you've never written a single line of graphics code.
            Wow I just saw this. He's right and you are wrong. You are the one that's never written a line of code.

Comment

The author doesn't want you to be able to pronounce it though

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

The best way to write secure and reliable applications. Write nothing; deploy nowhere. - kelseyhightower/nocode

Comment

That is just terrific.

Comment

this was the best part for me https://github.com/kelseyhightower/n...580c67b4db7b55

Comment

Working...
                    X