Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cage Wayland Compositor For Kiosk Use-Cases Updated With Direct Scan-Out, New Protocols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cage Wayland Compositor For Kiosk Use-Cases Updated With Direct Scan-Out, New Protocols

Phoronix: Cage Wayland Compositor For Kiosk Use-Cases Updated With Direct Scan-Out, New Protocols

Joining Sway 1.5 for an exciting week in the Wayland space is an update to Cage, the Wayland compositor designed for kiosk-like experiences...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does anybody know if it's easy to set up? I don't want to spend one hour in the terminal to make it work.
    Can it work alongside mutter?

Half a year ago, I was looking for a kiosk experience to display only Spotify when I have some people home, so that they can play with it without being able to reach my personal stuff (they normally wouldn't but you never know).

I managed to make one work within a dedicated session after way too much tinkering, but the result is pretty ugly. I'm still hoping to get a smooth and easy-to-install kiosk session.

Comment

I used it to run kodi, it's quite easy to use, no config files:

/usr/bin/cage /usr/bin/my-wayland-app

Comment

Just curious, once you have launched your single app, how do you then close out of it? You don't want the end user to be able to do so. Do you get into another TTY and shut it down from there? Just a curiosity.

Comment

Working...
        X