Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canonical Is Using Mir To Bring Flutter To Wayland

Phoronix: Canonical Is Using Mir To Bring Flutter To Wayland

This week Canonical and Google announced they were working together to bring the Flutter application toolkit to Ubuntu/Linux. Flutter is the cross-platform, open-source UI toolkit developed by Google for use from Android to Linux and iOS and Fuschia as well as for web interfaces...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can't wait to watch people being triggered over nothing once again!

Comment

Whenever I read about Flutter, I think of Fluttershy. :3

Comment

Originally posted by Shiba View Post
        I can't wait to watch people being triggered over nothing once again!
        To everyone who says Mir is a failure: Please remember that Mir is just a Wayland compositor now.

Originally posted by Lycanthropist View Post
        Whenever I read about Flutter, I think of Fluttershy. :3
        Saaaaameeeeeeeeeeeeeee
        Except I am not a fan of that anymore...

Comment

So the story here is that they're adding a Wayland backend but the only one they've really done testing on is Mir?

Comment

Sometimes you just need to let a project die, Mir is one of those projects.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post
              So the story here is that they're adding a Wayland backend but the only one they've really done testing on is Mir?
              I. Told. You.

When will you grasp the fact that Mir is now a Wayland compositor?

Comment

Originally posted by pdffs View Post
                Sometimes you just need to let a project die, wlroots/libweston/Mutter/KWin is one of those projects.

.....wow. Nope.
                Last edited by tildearrow; 12 July 2020, 07:25 AM.

Comment

I don't get what is going on with Canonical always trying to push some crap ?
                  The community said no to Mir and Snap, why do they always need to waste resources for a few years until they get it ?
                  Anyway, stupid companies must exist also for others to have an example how bad is the road they never took.

Comment

Originally posted by pdffs View Post
                    I don't see why.
                    Given how lacklustre Mutter is, as seen on Gnome (X11 and wayland) or on Budgie (X11), I would welcome a competitor known for caring about end users rather than development. Even if Gnome and Mutter are too interlinked for Mir to replace Mutter on wayland. If they could use it with a reworked Unity or some other GTK DE, would be even better.
                    I understand Budgie wil take the leap and get rid of Mutter in version 11 (even if that specific work will delay its release for as long as necessary).
                    I'm really looking forward to the day we can use a better wayland compositor on GTK environments.
                    Last edited by Mez'; 12 July 2020, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X