Canonical Is Using Mir To Bring Flutter To Wayland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    It all depends on how stringent are the requirements for "specific person". It's as low as "being able to read fucking english". I admit that it's a too high bar for many, but so is most of anything else.
    I mean, we get morons that misread scientific papers too and therefore we get antivaxx, anti5G and various fun forms of pseudoscience.
    Does that invalidate science? No it doesn't.
    Disagree, disparage and misinterpret are different things. Even pseudoscience is beyond misinterpretation as it is a intentional reinterpretation beyond traditional science.

Now tell me, is this something that is hard to read or understand? Does it have any complex meanings hidden in tales?
    It is perfectly easy, every single person here will do what they think is modular, readable, composition, simple, small... and we will get a bunch of different things. Anyway I would change all them a bit to "thou shalt build modular programs" and so on. A bit more biblical and fitting.
    Last edited by RomuloP; 14 July 2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RomuloP View Post
      Disagree, disparage and misinterpret are different things. Even pseudoscience is beyond misinterpretation as it is a intentional reinterpretation beyond traditional science.
      There are people that write the first gen hoaxes, and people that read them, the "sources", maybe something else too, and believe them and spread them and add their own wrong stuff to it. The former is (usually) intentional, the latter really isn't. I have interacted with enough of these kinds of people to be sure they are not just trolling, they are really just more vulnerable to misinterpret stuff to suit their worldview, and this makes them easier to manipulate. Been there, done that.

It is perfectly easy, every single person here will do what they think is modular, readable, composition, simple, small... and we will get a bunch of different things.
      Not really. It's all stated as absolutes, and as absolutes they are clear.
      What differs is the level of compromise between practicality and perfection everyone will decide to settle in. i.e. how much you should go out of your way to make stuff modular/readable/whatever or not.

Anyway I would change all them a bit to "thou shalt build modular programs" and so on. A bit more biblical and fitting.
      Stuff worded like that is usually a commandment, and they were worded as an actual law (because they were a law), or direct orders to someone from the man in the sky, which isn't what this is.

A Phylosophy or a principle is a statement of intents, some absolute to try get close to.

Comment

There are people that write the first gen hoaxes, and people that read them, the "sources", maybe something else too, and believe them and spread them and add their own wrong stuff to it. The former is (usually) intentional, the latter really isn't. I have interacted with enough of these kinds of people to be sure they are not just trolling, they are really just more vulnerable to misinterpret stuff to suit their worldview, and this makes them easier to manipulate. Been there, done that.
        Still, those things ar different from believing on the non hoax practice, trying to follow it and failing. It is not like someone is trying to get vaccinated and failing.

Not really. It's all stated as absolutes, and as absolutes they are clear.
        There is nothing like absolute in concrete.

What differs is the level of compromise between practicality and perfection everyone will decide to settle in. i.e. how much you should go out of your way to make stuff modular/readable/whatever or not.
        Shure, but concrete never was about perfection, idealization, is about fixing a axiomatic point. To do B thing with X expected limits, and functions you must do C and will get A.

Something is "You must spent money for helth."
        Another is "You must spent 12.43 dollars to buy 7000 U.I of vitamin D from brand Xanadu and take a a pill per day, until my blod content gets to 40 U.I, doing vitamin D exams every first day of month on laboratory Dubidu, always using the las exam to see if my blod content gets to 40 U.I."

One is not concrete and another is. In one things can be wrong because of interpretation or bad rule, in another, because of violation of some part of the statement or bad rule.

Stuff worded like that is usually a commandment, and they were worded as an actual law (because they were a law), or direct orders to someone from the man in the sky, which isn't what this is.

A Philosophy or a principle is a statement of intents, some absolute to try get close to.
        Nothing against this, it is really this, non-concrete. We sure take a lot of effort doing concrete code but vague standards, philosophies, etc. And some can think the vague standard and philosophies serve a prurpose, fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
          Whatever you believe. It does not matter any more than any of your other beliefs.
          well at least in part I agree with you, our believes are personal, and not all of us share the same ones, they differ in type, culture,religion, etc

Comment

Sounds like they are trying hard to lock it to Ubuntu-only. "You didn't want Mir? Well, do you want Flutter?"

Comment

Working...
            X