Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGMDE Is Still Being Hacked On As A Lightweight Mir Desktop

Phoronix: EGMDE Is Still Being Hacked On As A Lightweight Mir Desktop

It's not yet ready to take on the likes of Xfce and LXQt, but EGMDE is surprisingly still being worked on by Mir developers of Ubuntu/Canonical as a lightweight desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

These days "Light weight" means light on features not resources ...

Comment

Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
      These days "Light weight" means light on features not resources ...
      At least my gut feeling agrees with this. I've recently been using lxde and xfce4 and find neither of them to be particularly light in the ways I consider light. i find myself wondering how they actually compare against, say, Trinity Desktop which is a continuation of the fattest desktop of the mid 2000s, kde3.

Comment

At least they picked an extremely strange name. How exactly is someone supposed to say that I wonder? "egged-me" I guess? "egg-muh-dee". "egg-made", or "egg-mede" or "egg-mode". Probably "egg-mode".

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
          At least they picked an extremely strange name. How exactly is someone supposed to say that I wonder? "egged-me" I guess? "egg-muh-dee". "egg-made", or "egg-mede" or "egg-mode". Probably "egg-mode".
          I believe its name is egm..

Comment

Working...
          X