Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GNOME X.Org vs. Wayland Performance + Power Usage On Fedora 32 With AMD Renoir Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Volta View Post

The talk was about something else spammer.
    It was about that exact issue.

Comment

That's funny, because it was one of my arguments in another thread. This shows X11 is just becoming Wayland compatibility addon.
      The Milky Way is coming to an end too. Just might take a while (see OP).

Comment

• Originally posted by ArchLinux View Post

The Milky Way is coming to an end too. Just might take a while (see OP).
        Milky Way won't serve as a secondary, run on demand solution.

Comment

It was about that exact issue.
          No, he said I didn't figure out for 30 years how to run Quake. I said he didn't figure out how to run Wayland since 2012 or so. You said it's even older, so it's about something else..

Comment

Milky Way won't serve as a secondary, run on demand solution.
            How would you know lol?

Comment

• A typical tactics from Phoronix. He didn't dispel doubts regarding benchmark. As a few people noted it was probably XWayland benchmark. There are dozens of comments, google bots will notice and the revenue will be higher.

Comment

How would you know lol?
                We'll see.

Comment

No, he said I didn't figure out for 30 years how to run Quake. I said he didn't figure out how to run Wayland since 2012 or so. You said it's even older, so it's about something else..
                  You're talking about your post #39. I quoted your post #12.

Comment

A typical tactics from Phoronix. He didn't dispel doubts regarding benchmark. As a few people noted it was probably XWayland benchmark. There are dozens of comments, google bots will notice and the revenue will be higher.
                    Well, I actually think native Wayland works more fluently (about to test), but you got angry so quickly, so I wanted to see how far you'd go.

Comment

Well, I actually think native Wayland works more fluently (about to test), but you got angry so quickly, so I wanted to see how far you'd go.
                      You quoted some precious comments (not mine) without a meaningful reason and this is why I was angry. It's smooth. At least with AMD.
                      Last edited by Volta; 15 June 2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X