Experimental Linux Live OS For Showcasing Wayland Updated With Latest Desktops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeioth View Post
    One day Nvidia, Wine, And XFCE will support wayland. One day...
    The only one that might one day support Wayland in your list is XFCE

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
      Good point - but "Wayland is only half as buggy as Xorg" isn't exactly a reason to be trumpeting the "great support" of Wayland on Gnome,
      Well, it's half as buggy, that has to mean something, AIGHT?

That's what, at least three times more stable than Windows 10 Home?

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
        Let's start with the fact that neither properly accounts for bugs. Simply searching for a word in bugzilla yields results for all sort of things that happen to mention the keyword. That is a useless measure. In order to account for it properly, you need to sort by components related to what you are looking for, then filter out things like feature requests, misfiled bugs, duplicates, packaging changes, upstream release monitoring auto filed bugs, trackers and so forth. It is substantial work to gather such metrics accurately and to put it properly in context, you will have to keep in mind which configuration is default and what feature set it exposes etc
        Of course that's true, and in fact you would need to get down to such fine-grained detail that you would soon lose the forest for the individual trees. How do you feel? It is your project, not mine. Would you rather say that Wayland on Gnome on Fedora is still a work in progress, or would you like to promote it very strongly?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          Well, it's half as buggy, that has to mean something, AIGHT?

That's what, at least three times more stable than Windows 10 Home?
          Microsoft can only dream of a day when they only get 200 bug reports per hour.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
            Of course that's true, and in fact you would need to get down to such fine-grained detail that you would soon lose the forest for the individual trees. How do you feel? It is your project, not mine. Would you rather say that Wayland on Gnome on Fedora is still a work in progress, or would you like to promote it very strongly?
            Without fine grained details and just a simple text search, you are missing both the trees and forest itself :-). I am not an active contributor at this point. I would consider pretty much everything in Linux including the kernel itself as work in progress and that's a good thing. I don't see that as a reason not to promote it if you have strong associations with that component. I personally don't

Comment

Did you just beat around the bush from the title through the first paragraph to avoid writing "RebeccaBlackOS" too early? No wonder Phoronix is regarded as a clickbait site for Linux users.

Comment

Working...
              X