Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland's Eagle EGL Stack Gets Working DRI2

Phoronix: Wayland's Eagle EGL Stack Gets Working DRI2
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now as of this morning, the Eagle EGL stack has a working DRI2 back-end as of this commit.

'as of' used twice in one sentence, doesn't flow right.

Remove this comment when fixed.

Comment

I wonder if wayland's goal is to "compete" with xorg one day.

Comment

X11 has a lot of legacy code in it. They're trying to start over again.

Comment

I wonder, are they thinking of bringing OpenGL ES support to the desktop? That way be way cool.

Comment

I don't know if Wayland will ever become a completely viable alternative to x.org but damnit, I hope so.

Comment

as far as i understand the whole thing (ie reading the FAQ) it can be a complete alternative to X as long as someone writes a remote rendering server for wayland

Hoegsberg mentioned on his blog that he plans to port GTK on it and i dont know if someone works on porting QT

Comment

I don't get it. Will this intend to replace X11 at some point or is it just a hobby?

Comment

It started as a hobby but now no one really knows where it's going. There's certainly interest in the concept but no one's making any finite plans for the project's future or application.

Comment

A Qt port would be awesome! I'm guessing a Wayland system would use next to nothing for RAM.

Comment

Working...
                    X