Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ubuntu 20.04 Gaming Performance Across Desktops, X.Org vs. Wayland

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Instead of indulging in the same old flame wars, how about trying to reproduce the alleged performance gap? I did, but can’t reproduce any significant difference with Unigine Heaven / Superposition on Xorg vs GNOME Wayland (with Navi 10). Giving Michael the benefit of the doubt, there may be some kind of setup-specific issue. But there’s certainly no such huge difference in general. It’s mostly the same xserver / Mesa / kernel code being measured in both cases after all.


    P.S.

    Originally posted by blacknova View Post

    You're talking about in kernel GBM implementation [...]
    GBM has nothing to do with the kernel, it’s a userspace library provided by Mesa and some proprietary driver stacks.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Davidovitch View Post



      Sad, isn't it? O moderator, where art thou? My kingdom for a moderator and/or a post rating mechanism à la Ars Technica.
      Yes, so if a comment isn't as the paid commenters want, just eliminate it. I totally agree, this is maximum degree of freedom (as in beer).

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by frank007 View Post

        Yes, so if a comment isn't as the paid commenters want, just eliminate it. I totally agree, this is maximum degree of freedom (as in beer).
        So y'all propose fascism?

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

          So y'all propose fascism?
          Italy already had nazifascism, but younger generation don't know the History.
          Last edited by frank007; 29 April 2020, 09:00 AM.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by frank007 View Post

            Italy already had nazifascism, but younger generation don't know the Story.
            Italy now has Coronafascism and no one cares.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by MrCooper View Post
              Instead of indulging in the same old flame wars, how about trying to reproduce the alleged performance gap? I did, but can’t reproduce any significant difference with Unigine Heaven / Superposition on Xorg vs GNOME Wayland (with Navi 10).
              I also tried, but Xonotic runs the same. The loudest screams the one who the last time used Gnome in 1999. That's not even trolling, it's something mentally worse. It's even worse than I thought. He now wants Trinity to be ported to Wayland:

              https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...61#post1175761

              What an amazing carousel he has in his head.
              Last edited by Volta; 29 April 2020, 09:04 AM.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by frank007 View Post

                Italy already had nazifascism, but younger generation don't know the Story.
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWas7fEBL2g

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Hans Bull View Post

                  Italy now has Coronafascism and no one cares.
                  Seriously, I don't understand your answer. For what reason are you talking about coronafascism? The italian prime minister is doing very good things.
                  Last edited by frank007; 29 April 2020, 11:06 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Nazifascim wasn't a movie. As italian, I can say much much more, I know the History.
                    Last edited by frank007; 29 April 2020, 08:59 AM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by frank007 View Post

                      Seriously, I don't understand your answer. For what reason are you talking about coronafascism? The italian prime minister is doing very well things.
                      One may differ.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X