Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KWinFT: KDE's KWin Forked To Focus On Better Wayland Support, Modern Technologies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWinFT: KDE's KWin Forked To Focus On Better Wayland Support, Modern Technologies

Phoronix: KWinFT: KDE's KWin Forked To Focus On Better Wayland Support, Modern Technologies

Longtime KDE developer and former Blue Systems engineer, Roman Gilg, has announced his forking of KDE's KWin window manager / compositor and the subsequent first release of this new KWinFT project...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

ok, great, but, compatible with Nvidia drivers (eglstreams)?

Comment

Oh wow. Time to kill my project already?

Comment

Looks like the dev is already working with Manjaro distro devs to make it easily/quickly accessible.

Comment

Originally posted by sl1pkn07 View Post
          ok, great, but, compatible with Nvidia drivers (eglstreams)?
          Gnome has been working on this since quite some time and it is sill more or less in alpha status. Seems nontrivial..

Comment

Originally posted by lectrode View Post
            Looks like the dev is already working with Manjaro distro devs to make it easily/quickly accessible.
            haagch has a PKGBUILD up on AUR. Depends on kscreenlocker-git, but should install on a normal plasma desktop otherwise. I may have to check this out on Artix, although my graphics needs are so minimal that I have no complaints about Xorg right now.

Comment

Will there be kwinft-lowlatency?

Comment

I still remember back then, when Kwin guys were lying that wayland is production ready already and mir was just nonsense to boost canonicals ego and capitalism.

Comment

Originally posted by k1l_ View Post
                  I still remember back then, when Kwin guys were lying that wayland is production ready already and mir was just nonsense to boost canonicals ego and capitalism.
                  Wayland is a protocol, it's been "ready" as a protocol for ages.
                  Mir is a display server, that purposely didn't implement the Wayland protocol, and Canonicals reasoning was shit.

Comment

i think the biggest question is: will KWinFT have a CLA or not?

in my view they should not.
                    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
                    X