Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KWinFT: KDE's KWin Forked To Focus On Better Wayland Support, Modern Technologies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny how all quotes of my comment prove my comment was right in the first place.

"The protocol is production ready!!!11111" means shit if you cant use it in production…

Comment

Originally posted by k1l_ View Post
      Funny how all quotes of my comment prove my comment was right in the first place.
      "The protocol is production ready!!!11111" means shit if you cant use it in production…
      IF you refer to the wayland protocol (otherwise please elaborate), it is production ready and this has been proven by Sway and Gnome. However, some DEs (Kwin) and proprietary driver support (Nvidia) need more work.
      This does not mean that DE+Wayland can be used in specific production environments, e.g. if KDE is the only acceptable DE for you, or for example I need Nvidia/CUDA on a workstation.
      However, that does not say much about Wayland. Example: if you must use MS office (or Adobe tools), you tend to have a hard time on any Linux distro. Still, Linux is production ready .. I think

Comment

Working...
      X