Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    most users don't use x11, because x11 is not used in android
    They don't matter, because they don't know the difference and neither do you. If your point is that it needs Wayland so people can swipe left then you're just underlining how pointless Wayland is. Just because it gets used doesn't mean it's alive, as is the same for X11 or COBOL. What matters are the goals it's developers have set for Wayland and how long it took to reach these goals, and this is where Wayland fails. So insult me all you want if that's all you have to say for it. It only means you agree.
    Last edited by sdack; 11 April 2020, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dpeterc View Post

OpenSUSE does not enable Wayland by default. It is only available as an option, which user has to enable.
      https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...4-X-or-Wayland
      yep, not default, a few clicks away..

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
        What distro are you using? And there is input lag. If the only game you played is solitaire or chess you may not notice it. However, I'm playing instagib in Quake Live against nightmare bots and have around 50 - 70% accuracy (not so high against stupid bots), so for me it's noticeable. I heard there's no hardware cursor support in Gnome under Wayland yet, so that may be the case.
        I'm rolling my own, and I'm using Sway. Don't blame implementation or use case on Wayland. I'm a very input-lag sensitive gamer, and I'm telling you there is no input lag. I'm using RetroArch as a test case, input lag really kills old games like Super Mario. Sway has hardware cursor support.

The reality is X11 is dead, this is fact. All relevant developers are behind Wayland, this is fact. It's working great already, and is only getting better, this is fact. The few nut cases who are trolling every Wayland topic on here are similar to the anti systemd crowd. Absolutely zero knowledge of open source development and technologies but very opinionated. The industry has already spoken _long_ ago, Wayland is where it's at. Get with it or GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by dpeterc View Post

OpenSUSE does not enable Wayland by default. It is only available as an option, which user has to enable.
          https://forums.opensuse.org/showthre...4-X-or-Wayland
          1) He said SUSE (not openSUSE), which the desktop version of SUSE uses GNOME Wayland.
          2) Last time I installed GNOME on openSUSE Tumbleweed, it was Wayland.

Comment

arokh
            Well, that's true. Like I said before problem doesn't lay in Wayland. It must be Gnome compositor, but according to some older 144Hz post they're aware of it.

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post
              The industry has already spoken _long_ ago, Wayland is where it's at. Get with it or GTFO.
              Jesus Christ, Wayland is a fucking cult.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Arch rightfully uses upstream defaults, which means Wayland on the GNOME package.
                True, but I was referring to a default Arch installation because there was a comparison with Ubuntu et all, and by default Arch has no desktop nor Wayland at all.

Comment

Originally posted by angrypie View Post
                  Jesus Christ, Wayland is a fucking cult.
                  You obviously don't understand how open source development works, so what are you doing here? Trying to convince people that Wayland isn't modern because the GNOME file manager can't drag & drop unzip yet? What a waste of energy you are.

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post

You obviously don't understand how open source development works, so what are you doing here? Trying to convince people that Wayland isn't modern because the GNOME file manager can't drag & drop unzip yet? What a waste of energy you are.
                    Where's your cyanide drink, cultist?

Comment

• Originally posted by arokh View Post
                      The reality is X11 is dead, this is fact. All relevant developers are behind Wayland, this is fact. It's working great already, and is only getting better, this is fact. .
                      It's not true. Post where we can read this or stop throlling...

Comment

Working...
                      X