Wayland-Protocols 1.19 Released With Governance Guide, Updated XDG-Shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland-Protocols 1.19 Released With Governance Guide, Updated XDG-Shell

Phoronix: Wayland-Protocols 1.19 Released With Governance Guide, Updated XDG-Shell

Coming a month after Weston 8.0 and a few weeks after Wayland 1.18 is Wayland-Protocols 1.19 (and subsequently Wayland-Protocols 1.20 over a snafu) as the collection of Wayland protocol specifications...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...Protocols-1.19

Busy days for Jonas Adahl. He works both wayland-protocols and mutter. Even with synced releases.

Comment

Repositioning pop-ups? Isn't that on of the missing important features that has been rejected so far?

Comment

R41N3R Stuff needed by GNOME usually gets in. That’s pretty much the only rule.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
          Sounds aweful and idiotic

Comment

R41N3R This is just Meritocracy.

Comment

R41N3R It is. But, as I once wrote already, there's no Wayland platform out there. Gnome is its own thing, then there's everything else. Fragmentation FTW.

144Hz Your world has a really, umm, "interesting" dictionary. Because here in the real world, one DE getting preferential treatment is the exact *opposite* if meritocracy.

Comment

Gusar Not all DEs are equal. Merits is all that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                  What do you expect? Wayland devs are under no obligation to bend backwards to accommodate some random dude's obscure compositor written as a hobby project. If you desperately need some additional features for your non-GNOME desktop, the onus is on you to 1. implement them and 2. convince the upstream devs that it's really, really worth it to pollute their codebase by merging them in. And if you can't convince them, it's up to you to fork Wayland and hope that it will fly. That's how FOSS has always worked.

Comment

jacob Take a +1 but don’t get me wrong; I fully support the meritocracy here. In my opinion GNOME are sometimes too nice and doesn’t exercise all their meritorious rights. I guess that comes from their collaborative nature..

Comment

Working...
                    X