Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sway 1.3 Release Candidate Brings Many Changes For This i3-Inspired Wayland Compositor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest issue for me is the lack of nvidia support (I need CUDA) . I'm stuck on i3 until that is resolved, but the devel doesn't have interest in working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by thelongdivider View Post
      The biggest issue for me is the lack of nvidia support (I need CUDA) . I'm stuck on i3 until that is resolved, but the devel doesn't have interest in working on it.
      For good reasons. If you like Wayland and need CUDA, I think there's no way around a multi GPU system.

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
        For good reasons. If you like Wayland and need CUDA, I think there's no way around a multi GPU system.
        The reasons are definitely good, and I'm not blaming the sway developer. I liked Wayland a lot back when my primary pc had a 7970 in it. But I must stick with x11/i3 due to nvidias lack of gbm support.

Comment

Originally posted by Lycanthropist View Post
          Yes, see this issue: https://github.com/swaywm/sway/issues/2966
          Even though it is closed, there is still no solution.
          Looks like the propsed fix was not accepted and thus the issue was closed.

Anyway I had no idea this problem exists because I use all my displays at 1.00 scaling.
          There seem to be some workarounds but no offical solution yet. :|

Comment

Working...
          X