No announcement yet.

Wayland's Wild Decade From v1.0 Release To Usable GNOME/KDE Desktop Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't it more that Nvidia can't use GBM because it uses DMA-BUF which is a GPL-only symbol?

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz
      No need to engage with toxic people or scope creeping protocols.
      I'm missing info so I don't understand what you imply here. Would you like clarify what you mean by this sentence?

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
        Isn't it more that Nvidia can't use GBM because it uses DMA-BUF which is a GPL-only symbol?
        Nvidia has been able to use DMA-BUF since ages.

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
        Sorry but that’s reality.
        Only in your head.

So why would they want to do that?
        I could post examples, but you'd just glosse over them. In fact, I did post a few of them already, but you completely ignored that, because it clashes with your narrow-minded view where "just use Mutter" is the answer to everything.

ubuntuweston He's just a troll who thinks anything that isn't Mutter shouldn't exist.
        Last edited by Gusar; 30 December 2019, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
          Nvidia has been able to use DMA-BUF since ages.
          Ah oh well.

Nvidia just need to get their head out of their asses and support Linux properly.

Comment

Gusar I was curious as to what behaviour is implied as toxic there, that's all. I understand that I'm required to do more digging by myself, coming as an outsider, instead of asking someone on a forum to point fingers.

Comment

ubuntuweston There is no toxic behavior, at least not as 144Hz perceives it. Some of us are advocating for proper wayland protocols that would allow interoperability between different compositors, while 144Hz thinks only Mutter should exist and no protocols are needed because you should just use Mutter.

Comment

Gusar Sorry but that’s reality. There’s no need to deal with other compositors. There’s no benefit from dealing with other compositors.

So why would they want to do that? Like I said, if people want to collaborate then they can just use Mutter and help develop it. Like endlessm and Canonical did.
                Stop already.

KDEfreaking exists.

Comment

Gusar You did a very poor job on guessing my opinions. Please don’t try this again.

Compositors are free to exist. And we are all free to learn from their mistakes. The compositor developers just have to own their bugs and responsibilities. It not Mutter’s job to deal with all the extra fragmentation and protocol scope creep.
                  You keep saying scope creep, except the current situation is exactly the opposite of that, it's like massively inadequate scope....

EDIT: And do you sleep? Are you some kind of troll bot?
                  Last edited by duby229; 30 December 2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
                    ubuntuweston There is no toxic behavior, at least not as 144Hz perceives it. Some of us are advocating for proper wayland protocols that would allow interoperability between different compositors, while 144Hz thinks only Mutter should exist and no protocols are needed because you should just use Mutter.
                    His perception is irrelevant, his posts are toxic behavior and he needs to be thrown out of the window like all his other past nicknames were (GhostOfFunk, Mentalist, whatever).

Comment

Gusar You did a very poor job on guessing my opinions.
                      I'm not guessing anything, your posts speak for themselves.

Compositors are free to exist.
                      This directly contradicts your previous post, which states: "There’s no need to deal with other compositors. There’s no benefit from dealing with other compositors. So why would they want to do that? Like I said, if people want to collaborate then they can just use Mutter and help develop it." (emphasis mine, but the entire statement is completely anti-everything that isn't Mutter)

It not Mutter’s job to deal with all the extra fragmentation and protocol scope creep.
                      Aha, so Mutter is allowed to be its own thing, while everything else is "fragmentation"? Yeah, no. Either other compositors are "free to exist", in which case protocols are needed, or nothing else is allowed to exist. You can't have it both ways.

duby229 Of course he's a troll. And I'm stupid for facilitating the trolling. But oh well, it's the end of the year, there's nothing to do, so I'm having fun seeing how much more 144Hz can manage to contradict himself and what kind of nonsense he'll come up with next.
                      Last edited by Gusar; 30 December 2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X