Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XWayland Gets Tidied Up Ahead Of The Holidays For The Eventual X.Org Server 1.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Britoid

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post

It's a good news. Soon also Chrome will be natively released in Wayland. If all apps is going to be released in wayland, org becomes useless. That's the real good news a pure operating system based just on Wayland.
    Unless it's improved in recent weeks, Chrome's Wayland support is still really bad.

Leave a comment:

• archsway

• archsway
    replied
    Although I could run Qt applications using native Wayland, I still use Xwayland to get middle-click paste support.

Code:
    export QT_QPA_PLATFORM=xcb

Leave a comment:

• DanL

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    We all know where this is going
    Yes, it went to your usual mindless GNOME fanboy posting, full of lies. But thanks for being 100% predictable and not throwing us any curveballs.

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5

• Azrael5
    replied
    Originally posted by Slithery View Post
    The vast majority of applications are already Wayland native, which apps are you still waiting for?
    It's a good news. Soon, also Chrome will be natively released in Wayland. If all apps is going to be released in wayland, org becomes useless. That's the real good news a pure operating system just based on Wayland.
    Azrael5
    Last edited by Azrael5; 22 December 2019, 05:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• royce

• royce
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post

Eclipse uses GTK under Linux so is native Wayland.
    I stand corrected.

Leave a comment:

• Slithery

• Slithery
    replied
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    The real news about wayland is not xorg.... that is called xwayland. the real news is to issue how many programs are NATIVE WAYLAND until now. How many programs are native wayalnd until now!?
    The vast majority of applications are already Wayland native, which apps are you still waiting for?

Leave a comment:

• Britoid

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by royce View Post

Also a lot of Java apps. Quite a few IDEs written in Java out there (Eclipse, Jetbrains, etc). This matters because a lot of linux desktop users are software development types.
    Eclipse uses GTK under Linux so is native Wayland.

Leave a comment:

• royce

• royce
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post
    games and any electron apps
    Also a lot of Java apps. Quite a few IDEs written in Java out there (Eclipse, Jetbrains, etc). This matters because a lot of linux desktop users are software development types.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus

• Vistaus
    replied
    Spike29
    Spike29 Olivier’s stray patches months ago doesn’t count much. I wish he did more on that GTK desktop. It’s second most important desktop after all..
    I'm pretty sure it's GNOME - KDE Plasma - Xfce in terms of popularity...

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R

• R41N3R
    replied
    R41N3R
    R41N3R Then you are going to wait on the GNOMErs to fix and release. Alternatively you can go back to your favorite desktop and ask them to apply 5 full time employees with same skills and experience as the GNOME ones. Good luck with that.
    And the boring comments continue...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X