Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mir Lands Server-Side Decoration Support For XWayland

Phoronix: Mir Lands Server-Side Decoration Support For XWayland

Making Mir's XWayland support much more usable now is initial server-side decoration support in order to handle window resizing and window movements...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

More people care about FreeDOS than care about Mir...

Comment

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
      Well, quite a few people car about MATE running on Mir. And quite a few people care about Unity8 running on Mir.

But sure, I'll bet that quite a few people care about FreeDOS, too. So who knows, maybe you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoChicken View Post

Well, quite a few people car about MATE running on Mir. And quite a few people care about Unity8 running on Mir.

But sure, I'll bet that quite a few people care about FreeDOS, too. So who knows, maybe you're right.
        Don't conflate running MATE on Mir with just running MATE...Unity8 sealed it's doom by depending on Mir which matters to virtually no one except the damaged egos that are being crushed by it's slow demise.

Comment

Don't conflate running MATE on Mir with just running MATE.
          I provided you with a link to a recent video showing MATE running on Mir. I conflated nothing.

Unity8 sealed it's doom by depending on Mir which matters to virtually no one except the damaged egos that are being crushed by it's slow demise.
          I provided you with a link to a recent video showing Unity8 running on Mir. Now who's conflating?

Comment

Originally posted by GizmoChicken View Post

I provided you with a link to a recent video showing MATE running on Mir. I conflated nothing.

I provided you with a link to a recent video showing Unity8 running on Mir. Now who's conflating?
            You don't need Mir to run MATE in fact MATE on Mir is just wierd and masochistic... so why suffer thought that pile of crap. Unity8 was largely hated by many... its certainly has no appear to the masses just a niche of users that it found it less annoying that bothering to reinstall something better.

Comment

You don't need Mir to run MATE in fact MATE on Mir is just wierd and masochistic... so why suffer thought that pile of crap.
              Well, actually, if you want to run Wayland applications on MATE, then yes, for the time being, you must use Mir. Not Mutter. Not KWin. Only MIr. But sure, someday, maybe, you'll be able to run use wlroots, but not by default.

Unity8 was largely hated by many... its certainly has no appear to the masses just a niche of users that it found it less annoying that bothering to reinstall something better.
              Unity8 has plenty of appeal among those who want to run Linux on a phone, including the new PinePhone. See UBports.

Comment

Citation?

Comment

bullshit

Comment

You don't need Mir to run MATE
                    On wayland? Because Mir is used to run MATE on Wayland. We are talking of the modern Mir here, the one that is a wayland compositor.

Comment

Working...
                    X