Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mir Lands Server-Side Decoration Support For XWayland

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mir Lands Server-Side Decoration Support For XWayland

    Phoronix: Mir Lands Server-Side Decoration Support For XWayland

    Making Mir's XWayland support much more usable now is initial server-side decoration support in order to handle window resizing and window movements...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ver-Side-Decor

  • #2
    More people care about FreeDOS than care about Mir...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by cb88 View Post
      More people care about FreeDOS than care about Mir...
      Well, quite a few people car about MATE running on Mir. And quite a few people care about Unity8 running on Mir.

      But sure, I'll bet that quite a few people care about FreeDOS, too. So who knows, maybe you're right.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GizmoChicken View Post

        Well, quite a few people car about MATE running on Mir. And quite a few people care about Unity8 running on Mir.

        But sure, I'll bet that quite a few people care about FreeDOS, too. So who knows, maybe you're right.
        Don't conflate running MATE on Mir with just running MATE...Unity8 sealed it's doom by depending on Mir which matters to virtually no one except the damaged egos that are being crushed by it's slow demise.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cb88 View Post
          Don't conflate running MATE on Mir with just running MATE.
          I provided you with a link to a recent video showing MATE running on Mir. I conflated nothing.

          Originally posted by cb88 View Post
          Unity8 sealed it's doom by depending on Mir which matters to virtually no one except the damaged egos that are being crushed by it's slow demise.
          I provided you with a link to a recent video showing Unity8 running on Mir. Now who's conflating?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GizmoChicken View Post

            I provided you with a link to a recent video showing MATE running on Mir. I conflated nothing.



            I provided you with a link to a recent video showing Unity8 running on Mir. Now who's conflating?
            You don't need Mir to run MATE in fact MATE on Mir is just wierd and masochistic... so why suffer thought that pile of crap. Unity8 was largely hated by many... its certainly has no appear to the masses just a niche of users that it found it less annoying that bothering to reinstall something better.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cb88 View Post
              You don't need Mir to run MATE in fact MATE on Mir is just wierd and masochistic... so why suffer thought that pile of crap.
              Well, actually, if you want to run Wayland applications on MATE, then yes, for the time being, you must use Mir. Not Mutter. Not KWin. Only MIr. But sure, someday, maybe, you'll be able to run use wlroots, but not by default.

              Originally posted by cb88 View Post
              Unity8 was largely hated by many... its certainly has no appear to the masses just a niche of users that it found it less annoying that bothering to reinstall something better.
              Unity8 has plenty of appeal among those who want to run Linux on a phone, including the new PinePhone. See UBports.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cb88 View Post
                More people care about FreeDOS than care about Mir...
                Citation?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cb88 View Post
                  More people care about FreeDOS than care about Mir...
                  bullshit

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cb88 View Post
                    You don't need Mir to run MATE
                    On wayland? Because Mir is used to run MATE on Wayland. We are talking of the modern Mir here, the one that is a wayland compositor.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X