• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by daniels View Post

man weston.ini, search for 'panel-location'
    Yeah, I've seen it, but afaik it does not work. Not sure though, I haven't played with Weston in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• daniels
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    I wish the panel location was configurable so you could have it on the bottom instead of the top.
    Also that you could minimize applications to the panel.
    man weston.ini, search for 'panel-location'

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by jacob View Post

Of course the volume of data is much larger, but what difference would it make if it used a separate thread?
    If video processing slows down for some reason, it wouldn't cause audio stutter.

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

The difference is that processing audio is easy, but video is tremendously harder to process than audio, as you have to process millions (sometimes billions) of samples per second when compared to just thousands in audio.
    Of course the volume of data is much larger, but what difference would it make if it used a separate thread?

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by jacob View Post

I don't know the details, but I'm not sure video streams are somehow inherently different from audio to require different treatment at that level.
    The difference is that processing audio is easy, but video is tremendously harder to process than audio, as you have to process millions (sometimes billions) of samples per second when compared to just thousands in audio.

Leave a comment:

• cybertraveler
    replied
    uid313 tildearrow 144Hz

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    I wish the panel location was configurable so you could have it on the bottom instead of the top.
    I wish you could contribute a patch or issue a suggestion in their bug tracker.
    I can't count how many times you've been repeating the same suggestions on every Weston thread.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    Renaming weston to tochter would be cool and super accurate.
    Pronunciation of [x] would be highly inaccurate at too many occasions though.

Leave a comment:

• jacob
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

If that's true, then that's a problem... It should at least have 2 separate threads/processes, one for audio and another for video.
    I don't know the details, but I'm not sure video streams are somehow inherently different from audio to require different treatment at that level.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X