Wayland's Weston 7.0 Compositor Released With PipeWire Streaming Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland's Weston 7.0 Compositor Released With PipeWire Streaming Support

Phoronix: Wayland's Weston 7.0 Compositor Released With PipeWire Streaming Support

Wayland's Weston 7.0 was released on Friday with the newest features for this reference compositor implementation...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Micro-typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    EGL partial updates support< other DRM back-end improvements,
    Also, here's a question. Does PipeWire run the audio and video jobs in separate tasks or is it all under the same process?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Micro-typo:

Also, here's a question. Does PipeWire run the audio and video jobs in separate tasks or is it all under the same process?
      I might be wrong but I believe the actual stream processing is all done in a single realtime thread.

Comment

anyone know whats going on with Wayland Releases ?

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

I might be wrong but I believe the actual stream processing is all done in a single realtime thread.
          If that's true, then that's a problem... It should at least have 2 separate threads/processes, one for audio and another for video.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

If that's true, then that's a problem... It should at least have 2 separate threads/processes, one for audio and another for video.
            I don't know the details, but I'm not sure video streams are somehow inherently different from audio to require different treatment at that level.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
              Renaming weston to tochter would be cool and super accurate.
              Pronunciation of [x] would be highly inaccurate at too many occasions though.

Comment

I wish the panel location was configurable so you could have it on the bottom instead of the top.
                Also that you could minimize applications to the panel.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  I wish the panel location was configurable so you could have it on the bottom instead of the top.
                  Also that you could minimize applications to the panel.
                  I wish you could contribute a patch or issue a suggestion in their bug tracker.
                  I can't count how many times you've been repeating the same suggestions on every Weston thread.

Comment

uid313 tildearrow 144Hz

Comment

Working...
                    X