Wayland's Weston 7.0 Compositor Released With PipeWire Streaming Support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland's Weston 7.0 Compositor Released With PipeWire Streaming Support

Phoronix: Wayland's Weston 7.0 Compositor Released With PipeWire Streaming Support

Wayland's Weston 7.0 was released on Friday with the newest features for this reference compositor implementation...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...n-7.0-Released

Micro-typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    EGL partial updates support< other DRM back-end improvements,
    Also, here's a question. Does PipeWire run the audio and video jobs in separate tasks or is it all under the same process?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Micro-typo:

Also, here's a question. Does PipeWire run the audio and video jobs in separate tasks or is it all under the same process?
      I might be wrong but I believe the actual stream processing is all done in a single realtime thread.

Comment

anyone know whats going on with Wayland Releases ?

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

I might be wrong but I believe the actual stream processing is all done in a single realtime thread.
          If that's true, then that's a problem... It should at least have 2 separate threads/processes, one for audio and another for video.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

If that's true, then that's a problem... It should at least have 2 separate threads/processes, one for audio and another for video.
            I don't know the details, but I'm not sure video streams are somehow inherently different from audio to require different treatment at that level.

Comment

There’s a huge overlap of mutter and weston developers. It’s hard to tell who the reference :/

Renaming weston to tochter would be cool and super accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
                Renaming weston to tochter would be cool and super accurate.
                Pronunciation of [x] would be highly inaccurate at too many occasions though.

Comment

X is ex these days. 20 years wasted.

Comment

I wish the panel location was configurable so you could have it on the bottom instead of the top.
                    Also that you could minimize applications to the panel.

Comment

Working...
                    X