No announcement yet.

KDE Picks Up Much Better GTK3 App Integration, Better Wayland Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember there was a script that generated GTK colors based on KDE theme. Is it now integrated?

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
      In just what world is a bell the standard notification icon?
      In the Microsoft World it's a rectangular message bubble with a number indicating number of messages in the corner
      In the Android World there is no unified icon and they flood your top bar with app icons
      In the Gnome World they put a dot left of the date widget on the top bar and then display notifications in that when expanded out
      Which leaves what? Does Apple do it? If so you can't call them an industry standard.
      Social media is the big one. Facebook and Twitter both use a bell icon and both have more users than any Linux so to an "Average" user it probably is the indistry standard.

Comment

The only thing a bell indicates is a normal alarm, I don't see how this fits to the notification system. Anyway if Gtk applications may behave now I might consider them again, so far I had very few exceptions like Virt-Manager, Firefox or LibreOffice, but I fear there are still DPI issues.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
          The only thing a bell indicates is a normal alarm, I don't see how this fits to the notification system. Anyway if Gtk applications may behave now I might consider them again, so far I had very few exceptions like Virt-Manager, Firefox or LibreOffice, but I fear there are still DPI issues.
          Doesn't latest LibreOffice already use Qt proper with libreoffice-kde5?

Comment

Originally posted by SpyroRyder View Post
            Social media is the big one. Facebook and Twitter both use a bell icon and both have more users than any Linux so to an "Average" user it probably is the indistry standard.
            I'd agree. It might not be used widely on desktop, but the bell icon is quite common in a web environment... not just on Facebook and Twitter, but also on forum software, etc.

Comment

Working...
            X