Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sway 1.2-RC1 Released For The i3-Inspired Wayland Compositor

Phoronix: Sway 1.2-RC1 Released For The i3-Inspired Wayland Compositor

Drew DeVault is working on buttoning up the Sway 1.2 Wayland compositor release as the newest feature update to this i3 window manager inspired compositor...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why is this categorized "WINE"?

Comment

Been using Sway for the last month and a half or so (working on my fork, since I'm not really into the i3 way of doing things) and it's been pretty great. My colleague is using it as-is and really liking it as far as I can tell.

Comment

Any update for nvidia users?

Comment

Originally posted by jadbox View Post
          Uh.. AFAIK, Drew DeVault's attitude to this problem is "NVIDIA users, fuck you too" and there's no indication this is going to change.

Comment

Originally posted by intelfx View Post

Uh.. AFAIK, Drew DeVault's attitude to this problem is "NVIDIA users, fuck you too" and there's no indication this is going to change.
            How is it in any way, shape or form Drew DeVault's responsibility that NVidia CBA to support the same standards as intel, AMD and Broadcom do?

Comment

Why is this categorized "WINE"?
              Dang it, you won again.

Maybe Michael was too tired in the morning that instead of choosing "Wayland" he selected Wine...

phoronix Michael why don't you take coffee before writing the first article? (rather than after)

Comment

More along the lines of "Nvidia can't be bother to support standards, and it isn't my job to work around the problems caused by this."

Comment

Originally posted by jadbox View Post
                  I guess we just need somebody with nvidia hardware who cares about wlroots/wayland and is willing to write a custom backend for wlroots (that backend doesn't seem like it will be upstreamed but I guess if it is a standalone backend it will be easy to maintain).

Since nobody has done that I guess that there aren't "that much" people who need this.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                    phoronix Michael why don't you take coffee before writing the first article? (rather than after)
                    He makes typos in almost every article. I think he's doing it on purpose so he can keep us busy (aside from being busy discussing the article)

Comment

Working...
                    X