No announcement yet.

Xfway Aims To Provide A Wayland Compositor Inspired By Xfce's Xfwm4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to our dear debianxfce now that we need him?

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Xfce 4.14 is supposedly coming out soon
      Xfce 4.14 is supposedly coming out soon since three years…

Comment

Originally posted by kravemir View Post

I had been running xfce with compton, xrender backend. Tearfree and perfect sync even for OpenGL applications for each monitor with different refresh rate (one 60Hz and one for 75Hz). Only issues were present, if window overlapped, was on edge of, both monitors. Don't remember exact settings now, as I got very comfortable, and now I'm using gnome3.
        I tried compton. Just feels like all the nice speed that XFCE delivers disappears with compton. mostly on window movement and resizing.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          debianxfce, you can't run from Wayland! Mwahaha!
          Part of me wonders if he ran away from us. Kinda funny because I thought it was getting oddly quiet around here the past couple weeks. As of writing, he hasn't signed in since June 18th.

Comment

Originally posted by kravemir View Post

I had been running xfce with compton, xrender backend. Tearfree and perfect sync even for OpenGL applications for each monitor with different refresh rate (one 60Hz and one for 75Hz). Only issues were present, if window overlapped, was on edge of, both monitors. Don't remember exact settings now, as I got very comfortable, and now I'm using gnome3.
            this is why linux as desktop sucks and will never go mainstream

"hey it works perfectly fine once you switch and tweak the entire stuff"

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
              debianxfce, we need you.
              He's a hero we deserve, not a hero we need.

I miss him a lot, and I wish I picked a different nickname for this forum, something like archdwm.

Comment

Originally posted by pracedru View Post
                Finally. This should mean one can run XFCE without screen tearing. Awesome.
                You do realize that this sort of functionality is intended to be provided by a compositor, and that including it in the window manager is at least silly, right? Installing compton isn't that hard if you can't be bothered to set vblank_mode to a reasonable value.

Comment

Originally posted by DoMiNeLa10 View Post

He's a hero we deserve, not a hero we need.

I miss him a lot, and I wish I picked a different nickname for this forum, something like archdwm.
                  I'm very worried not seeing him around. If he doesn't reappear, I'm afraid I will have to abandon these forums.

Comment

Originally posted by archkde View Post
                    What happened to our dear debianxfce now that we need him?
                    Global Ignore List

I really wished it was a ban...

Comment

Why to think about wayland etc. if such simple thing like window resizing by mouse only is not doable out of the box in xfce?

Comment

Working...
                      X