No announcement yet.

Fedora 30 Wayland vs. X.Org Graphics Benchmarks On GNOME Shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The author of this test is not smart. He doesn't understand that xwayland is X11.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

That is a benchmark result video, not a gaming video. With Xwayland there is stuttering, bugs, etc and that is why there is zero Xwayland gaming videos and IBM BS continues in the internet.
      Obviously, Xwayland is x11... Xwayland is a wrapper to adapt x11 programs in wayland environment. A real test compares wayland to xorg, rather than xorg to wrapped xorg. The tester is an idiot.
      Last edited by Azrael5; 05 May 2019, 06:14 AM.

Comment

10 years of wayland development and no gaming videos. When IBM believers do not make wayland gaming videos, why more sensible people then.
        On:Linux Ubuntu 18.10kernel 4.20.12-042012-generic #201902230431 SMP Sat Feb 23 09:33:39 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linuxlutris 0.4.20 DXVK 1.0Xorg 1....

There are different gaming videos turning up with Wayland now. Mostly since 18.10 Ubuntu.

This is another benchmark compare but long time frame recording is a major issue. Even the video demoing bugs in live pay with wayland are kept sort. There is a problem in the video capture system.

Also Wayland stuttering seams linked a lot to gnome compositor you are not seeing it reported with Weston, sway or plasma.

debianxfce before 18.10 Ubuntu you statement was true its not true now finding them in the pool of youtube videos is not easy.

Comment

"Wayland/XWayland performance is largely comparable to a traditional GNOME X.Org session."

There is a performance hit with games and wrappers cause bugs. No wonder there is zero Xwayland gaming videos in YouTube.
          The couple of videos I've put on Youtube are run from a Wayland desktop and so are running on XWayland :

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
            The tester is an idiot.
            No, the Wayland fanboys are the true idiots.

Comment

Oh wow, Wayland, the perpetual beta (still without any notion of colour?) catching up, on a halfbaked "desktop" environment full of javascript bs. That's the 2019 Linux desktop.

Comment

Nothing in the video title, content or description shows and proofs that Xwayland is used.
                Even if I had have used Xorg and put 'Runs on XWayland' in the description you wouldn't be able to tell, so that proves nothing. The Doom one is definitely using XWayland (I promise, which is as much as I can do). I'm almost certain the Tomb Raider one is too.

Comment

I don't get where this obsession with video proof of gaming on Wayland is coming from. What's the point? I also know debianxfce is totally wrong when they say there are no Wayland gaming videos on YouTube because I have posted such videos myself, but they are unlisted and I don't advertise my usage of Wayland specifically, because what's the point in doing that?

Here's one: https://youtu.be/ziYjqfzsP9U (a pathetic attempt at speed-running Dark Souls III)

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                    No, the Wayland fanboys are the true idiots.
                    an idiot as you.... which shows to not understand that a real comparison consists in compare pure xorg program with pure wayland program and not an xorg program with another xorg program.

xwayland=xorg only an idiot doesn't understand it.
                    Last edited by Azrael5; 05 May 2019, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Bull View Post
                      Oh wow, Wayland, the perpetual beta (still without any notion of colour?) catching up, on a halfbaked "desktop" environment full of javascript bs. That's the 2019 Linux desktop.
                      Javascript is a great language. Get over it.

Comment

Working...
                      X