X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoMiNeLa10
    replied
    Originally posted by StarterX4 View Post
    A stupid question: Why everyone develops only i3-like WMs for Wayland? Why still there's no any OpenBox/Fluxbox/PekWM-like WM? :v
    Good question. Where are dwm-inspired WMs?

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    This is really cool, that an application can take over a window. But what is the overhead of running each application in its own nested Wayland compositor?

Also, launching an application by creating a new window by drawing the window size with the mouse on the screen is not how I would like to work. That is not good window management. That is not intuitive. That is not good usability.

Leave a comment:

• ezst036
    replied
    I'd like to see a revival of fsn.

"It's a Wayland system! I know this!"

Leave a comment:

• kpedersen
    replied
    This is cool. One thing that is lacking from rio from plan9port is that applications take over the executing terminal. This is finally a gimmick of Wayland that is remotely nice

Originally posted by StarterX4 View Post
    A stupid question: Why everyone develops only i3-like WMs for Wayland? Why still there's no any OpenBox/Fluxbox/PekWM-like WM? :v
    Plan 9's Rio is not a tiling WM like i3. It looks minimal but acts a little bit more similar to OpenBox.

Plus the fact that 99% of themes for OpenBox only look good with a 1 pixel thin border (making it almost impossible to grab / resize without the alt key), makes Wio actually a more user friendly OpenBox than OpenBox
    Last edited by kpedersen; 05-01-2019, 03:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Slithery
    replied
    Ooooh, shiny and old-skool. That's just up my street!!!

Can't wait to try it out. Hopefully there'll be a package landing in 3...2...1...
    Last edited by Slithery; 05-01-2019, 03:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• StarterX4
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wio: Plan 9's Rio Windowing System Re-Implemented As A Wayland Compositor

Phoronix: Wio: Plan 9's Rio Windowing System Re-Implemented As A Wayland Compositor

Wio is the newest Wayland compositor out there and re-implements Rio, the windowing system used by Bell Labs' Plan 9 operating system...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...and-Compositor
Working...
X