• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

That's how wayland protocols work

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.
    I don't see profiles for mobile, desktop or whatever in there if that's what you were trying to show me.

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Yeah, I still think they should focus on Arcan instead.
    Rather, they should work better to get the useful aim.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

KDE has Night Light feature since 5.12 https://kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.12.0.php

"Wayland-only Night Color feature that lets you adjust the screen color temperature to reduce eye strain"
    Also available on KDE X11, FWIW.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
    Wayland is really strong however Linux developers are retarded on its integration.
    Yeah, I still think they should focus on Arcan instead.

Leave a comment:

• RahulSundaram
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

XMPP did something similar, but they defined profiles which were sets of extensions meant to provide some functionality.
    That's how wayland protocols work

GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    I don't care much about Wayalnd because, imho, it's far from ready.
    I cherish its every little baby step.

it's not like there's an abundance of color calibration applications for X anyway.
    They say this is the only one, and that it is good and has good hardware calibration device support, but I never tried it nor had to use it for a client so I don't know.

https://displaycal.net/ (which is a frontend for http://www.argyllcms.com/ )

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied

Apparently Wayland does not allow color calibration applications to work, yet. Or at least so says the commit message.
    I don't care much about Wayalnd because, imho, it's far from ready. But when it comes to color calibration, it's not like there's an abundance of color calibration applications for X anyway.
    I just calibrate on Windows and apply the resulting ICC profiles to Linux afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied

I know how color calibration works I do calibrate my screens from time to time. I just wasn't sure where this fits. Thanks for the explanation.
    Apparently Wayland does not allow color calibration applications to work, yet. Or at least so says the commit message.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post

Wayland core is deliberately simple so additional protocols can cover things like color calibration. If a core protocol includes additional features, it is hard to replace them as needs evolve with time because of compatibility requirements. This is why X11 protocol couldn't just be extended forever.
    XMPP did something similar, but they defined profiles which were sets of extensions meant to provide some functionality.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    It's a protocol that should be used by color calibration applications to ask a Wayland compositor to display a special window. The user will place the physical color calibration device on this window. Then the application can alter the color of this window with RGB triplet numbers.
    This special window will be ignoring any existing color calibration settings due to obvious reasons.
    I know how color calibration works I do calibrate my screens from time to time. I just wasn't sure where this fits. Thanks for the explanation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X