Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Wayland By Default Diverted To Fedora 31

Phoronix: Firefox Wayland By Default Diverted To Fedora 31

The plans to ship the Wayland-ized Firefox by default in Fedora 30 have been thwarted and will now have to wait until Fedora 31 to try again...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ivert-Fedora31

lets face it, i dont think Firefox will be ready to be made firefox-wayland by default for a long time Firefox is just to Buggy

Comment

It is not just Firefox, Thunderbird and LibreOffice suite also need to support Wayland. In other words give it another 5 years.

Comment

I ask those who have expertise in the matter, it's so complicated to bring an application from Xorg to native Wayland ?

Comment

Originally posted by Vasant1234 View Post
          It is not just Firefox, Thunderbird and LibreOffice suite also need to support Wayland. In other words give it another 5 years.
          GTK3 VCL of LO works well as native Wayland window for quite some time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasant1234 View Post
            from Thunderbird68 an firtefox68 will all have much better support for Wayland. current ESR of TB is Crap

Comment

If it continues at this pace, when Wayland will finally be default on most GNU/Linux systems without having to rely on XWayland for commons apps, Wayland will be as old as X11 was when Wayland's development started! (and, maybe, will be considered obsolete)

Comment

slightly OT:
                shouldn't Gnome Web be the default browser on the default Gnome Desktop distro?
                If not, why wasting programming force?

Comment

Not surprising. When this was first announced I mentioned that the bug tracker was still full of bugs blocking wayland (40+). It remains full of bugs.

I don't think announcing you want to do something is magically going to get all the roadblocks to disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeder View Post
                    Not surprising. When this was first announced I mentioned that the bug tracker was still full of bugs blocking wayland (40+). It remains full of bugs.

I don't think announcing you want to do something is magically going to get all the roadblocks to disappear.
                    Red Hat has a developer who has been working on porting Firefox to GTK3 and Wayland. Noone is expecting bugs to get magically fixed.

Comment

Working...
                    X