Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora 30 Will Have Firefox Wayland By Default But Could Be Reverted If Too Buggy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwgwg View Post
    Only if you don't care that color is wrong, since Wayland has no concept of Color Management. So anyone who wants accurate color has to stick with X11.
    And if you don't care about KDE Plasma being buggy and crash-prone. As soon as Plasma starts to actually work on my Intel hardware (come one Plasma Team, it's Intel for crying out loud, not that proprietary nVidia crap!), I'll make the switch. But if the session keeps crashing when opening Dolphin and the panel can't handle interaction (i.e. left and right-clicks) as is the case now, I'll have to stick with X11.

Comment

Originally posted by Compartmentalisation View Post

I hope this is as clear as I can make it: when using Fedora 29, GNOME wayland, with the firefox-wayland package installed, it runs fine. When using the same, but with about:config having the layers.acceleration.force-enabled to true it doesn't launch graphically and I have to kill the process; then remove the settings file from .mozilla and then I can start again. Using layers.acceleration.force-enabled on GNOME xorg in regular firefox (not wayland) works fine.
      I've seen this bug a while ago but it got fixed...so maybe wait for ff 67 in that case, or open a new issue

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        Seriously what the fuck? Why did you even choose a distro that favors stability over the latest and greatest if you didn't want it? OpenSUSE 15 ships (and in general OpenSUSE Leap releases also shipped) Firefox ESR by default.
        Because Firefox ESR is a flaming pile of shit that gets obsoleted by most websites doing browser sniffing to the point where even modifying the user agent results in a being redirected to a 'Your browser is outdated please update' message.

And the fact that I know how to compile my own software against my own custom runtime libraries = intellectually superior to > 60% of Linux users who only know how to download precompiled binary and have no clue how to even work with a compiler.

Comment

Originally posted by treba View Post

I've seen this bug a while ago but it got fixed...so maybe wait for ff 67 in that case, or open a new issue
          I see, cool!

Comment

Working...
          X