Sway 1.0 Close To Release For This Very Promising Wayland Compositor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sway 1.0 Close To Release For This Very Promising Wayland Compositor

Phoronix: Sway 1.0 Close To Release For This Very Promising Wayland Compositor

Out today is the second release candidate of the feature-packed Sway 1.0 Wayland compositor that continues to be inspired by the i3 window manager...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Already in my PPA for Ubuntu 19.04 https://launchpad.net/~samoilov-lex/...ve/ubuntu/sway

Comment

Which DEs are going to be using Sway?

Comment

This always seems cool to try to me, but I just do not feel like setting up media keys, a lock screen, constantly swapping monitors and enabling/disabling/mirroring screens, all that stuff I run across pretty much every day. Maybe maybe, I'll one day mess around with it on a desktop computer.

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        Desktop Environments looking to adopt wayland might prefer to look at https://github.com/swaywm/wlroots is the idea I think.

Comment

I just read today a reddit post pointing to an article where the main Sway dev gave informed counter-arguments to the usual Wayland FUD that regularly does the rounds. The amount of crap he caught in the comments was awe inspiring. The Sway devs are saints in my opinion. Looking forward to trying 1.0 out when it hits the main Arch repos.

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
            I just read today a reddit post pointing to an article where the main Sway dev gave informed counter-arguments to the usual Wayland FUD that regularly does the rounds. The amount of crap he caught in the comments was awe inspiring. The Sway devs are saints in my opinion. Looking forward to trying 1.0 out when it hits the main Arch repos.
            Ew the r/linux subreddit. Who would want to go there?

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
              Yep, he is right to have firm position on rejecting Nvidia blob junk.

Comment

Nice. Been trying it out from time to time to check on progress.
                Debian maintainers aren't quite happy with it yet, but looks like it will make it into experimental soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Compartmentalisation View Post

Ew the r/linux subreddit. Who would want to go there?
                  After the 150 million investment from China, Reddit may be doomed, it would be nice to have a similar style place for /r/linux types. Oh and the shutdown of Google+

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
                    I think the MATE team is on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X