• Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Did hell freeze over?

Leave a comment:

• Cape

• Cape
    replied
    All this effort while they could work on a vendor agnostic Vulkan compositor...

Leave a comment:

• dimko

• dimko
    replied
    Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
    If it's still no accelerated XWayland support then Nvidia GNOME and KDE on Wayland is a no go. Accelerated XWayland is a must because of Steam.
    Can you please explain how wayland and steam are related?

Leave a comment:

• Xaero_Vincent

• Xaero_Vincent
    replied
    If it's still no accelerated XWayland support then Nvidia GNOME and KDE on Wayland is a no go. Accelerated XWayland is a must because of Steam.

Leave a comment:

• miabrahams
    Phoronix Member

• miabrahams
    replied
    Nvidia, your whole approach to Linux drivers is appalling, but thank you for at least having at least the decency to contribute this.

Leave a comment:

• Danny3

• Danny3
    replied
    I must say that I'm happy that the KDE developers stood their ground and didn't move a finger for the worst company ever.
    Other than that, I really don't care if KDE has better support for Nvidia since none of my computers have a Nvidia GPU anymore.

Leave a comment:

• sarmad

• sarmad
    replied
    How is the EGLStream support in Gnome anyway? Does it actually work or you still have no hardware acceleration for XWayland?

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R

• R41N3R
    replied
    Didn't expect that this would be available that fast. I think this will help Wayland adoption on Kwin!

Leave a comment:

• shmerl

• shmerl
    replied
    Interesting, but I wish there would be more effort to enable Wayland compositors using common Vulkan paths. Looks like there is still work needed to get there.

Leave a comment:

• ngraham

• ngraham
    replied
    Please note that the link in the article goes straight to the in-progress review. Please avoid commenting there unless you're a KWin expert and it's pertinent to the code under review.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X