Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 30 Planning To Use Wayland-Enabled Firefox By Default

Phoronix: Fedora 30 Planning To Use Wayland-Enabled Firefox By Default

For the past two and a half years there has been a non-default Firefox package with Wayland support available to Fedora users running Fedora Workstation with the GNOME Shell. For the Fedora 30 release due out this spring, they are planning to ship the Firefox Wayland back-end by default...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

But what about Chromium?

Comment

uid313, it's your turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
        But what about Chromium?
        Fedora doesn't ship Chromium by default, so...

Comment

I used firefox-wayland in f28, and it was crashing every few hours...

Gnome-shell under wayland, keeps crashing here and there in f29...

It's time i guess, after 10 years, to swallow their pride, and develop something new. I mean soon, it will start considered an old protocol...

Comment

Konstantin A. Sorry to say it this way, but you simply have no clue about the matter and you know it

@topic: Great to see this! Apart from all the great stuff, no startup flickering any more when accelerated compositing is enabled in a wayland session

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin A. View Post

It's time i guess, after 10 years, to swallow their pride, and develop something new. I mean soon, it will start considered an old protocol...
              You are aware that software isn't stuck in time from when you first used it, right? Everyone knew when it was first released as a non-default that it was a buggy mess. But that's the point, it allowed users to test and report bugs to make it not that buggy mess.

Comment

Let me guess - Nvidia not supported.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
                  But what about Chromium?
                  I think It hit a regression: https://github.com/Igalia/chromium/issues/512
                  You can try this copr repo but it will not run : https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co...d-experiments/
                  (don't run it on a normal machine)

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin A. View Post

It's hard to respond to that comment without knowing the specifics. F29 on Wayland works just fine for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X