Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shmerl
    replied
    Still waiting for hardware accelerated video encoding / decoding in Firefox on Linux.

Leave a comment:

• wizard69
    replied
    why would fedora or mutter developers break every legacy app? they are not so stupid
    all good things eventually come to their end!! I’m sure none of us want to revert to their Apple 2 or Z80 systems.

That isn’t to say Wayland is the right path but let’s face it X was getting long in the tooth.

Leave a comment:

• wizard69
    replied
    F29 does crash a bit more often than desired. That may be due to the AND GPU drivers but there is an issue that many of us note. Generally it involves a frozen video screen and an unresponsive keyboard.

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    Originally posted by pal666 View Post
    why would fedora or mutter developers break every legacy app? they are not so stupid
    “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.”
    Albert Einstein

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by Konstantin A. View Post
    It's time i guess, after 10 years, to swallow their pride, and develop something new. I mean soon, it will start considered an old protocol...
    so instead of "crashes every few hours" it is time for you to "does not work at all" ? i'm happy that you are not developing software

Leave a comment:

• Zan Lynx
    replied
    I guess I'll have to start filing bugs on Wayland Firefox because it certainly doesn't work well with HiDPI for me. It's super buggy and can't seem to decide what scaling setting to use. Sometimes it even does its UI at different scales than the content.

Leave a comment:

• pal666
    replied
    Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
    The mutter developers are also gutting the xorg bits. Fedora 31 without x?

Leave a comment:

• Venemo
    replied
    Originally posted by Konstantin A. View Post
    I used firefox-wayland in f28, and it was crashing every few hours...

Gnome-shell under wayland, keeps crashing here and there in f29...

It's time i guess, after 10 years, to swallow their pride, and develop something new. I mean soon, it will start considered an old protocol...
    It's hard to respond to that comment without knowing the specifics. F29 on Wayland works just fine for me.

Leave a comment:

• abiswas
    replied
    Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
    But what about Chromium?
    I think It hit a regression: https://github.com/Igalia/chromium/issues/512
    You can try this copr repo but it will not run : https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/co...d-experiments/
    (don't run it on a normal machine)

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    Let me guess - Nvidia not supported.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X